TKnife - - a favor to ask

Hey T,

I know I'm going to get another fine blade by Nick soon, just need to figure out which I want. I'm not sure if you still have all these models, but if you do, could you post a side by side pic of the Sierra Scout, Sierra Scout with palm swell handle, TK Model, and Woodsman?

Thanks if you can, no problem if you can't :thumbup::)

Russell

Hi Russell, I would but I don't have all of those knives in my possession (sp?)
Tknife is the only one who has those except the Sierra with the different handle shape. There was only one of those made. I can make more, I just haven't done it.

I am just a few days away from posting a modified TK model. It has a little more drop to the point and this one has an extended tang. Just a little one though. My thinking was a firesteel could then, be struck from the tang.

Nick:)

Nick,

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you had duplicates lying around, so I figured the easiest way would be to just ask the owner :) I guess I was mistaken about the Sierra w/ the different handle though, I don't know why I thought it was for TKnife :eek:

Oh well, I would still settle for a TK, Sierra, and Woodsman side by side if he can :thumbup:

I'll keep an eye out for the modified TK, and thanks for the response! :thumbup:

Sorry I'm late on this, I'm unable to get onto the forums as much as I used to. Here is a somewhat grainy pic of the TK, Scout and Woodsman though, hope it helps. I based the sketch of the TK I sent to Nick on the Fallkniven F1, which is one of my favorite production knives.

DSC01077.jpg

Thanks T, and no problem, I'm in no rush :thumbup: We do all have lives outside of BF :D

That pics helps a great deal, thanks! The Woodsman is still on my "got to have" list, that won't go anywhere. Now I just have to decide between the TK or the Scout with the modified handle....:)

You won't go wrong no matter which you choose. My NWA's are all my most used and trusted knives. I have a mini Scout that I got a few months back and it has seen tons of kitchen use when I'm not carrying it on hikes. I love them all :)

Nice to hear from ya T. Been a while..... I have a new version of the TK finished, I just need to take some pics. It really sucks when you go to work in the dark and then come home in the dark. No time for good outdoor photos:(

I'll have to resort to my light tent.

Nick:)

It really sucks when you go to work in the dark and then come home in the dark. No time for good outdoor photos:(

Yup, I know that feeling Nick :thumbdn:

Looking forward to pics of the new one. :thumbup: I'm thinking I might actually draw up a design of my own for my next knife from you...that'd be a first for me :)

..... I have a new version of the TK finished,

Look foward to the pics Nick:thumbup:

Could someone please tell me the specs on the original TK?
I looked around but couldn't find them. Thanks!

Could someone please tell me the specs on the original TK?
I looked around but couldn't find them. Thanks!

Ken, this is what I got from Tknife earlier, and I'm sure he or Nick could give you more. I tend to work off the image first, since I have a Sierra for reference, and then ask more questions later.

I kept meaning to post the specs. It's right at a 4" blade, and it's 3/16ths thick O1. As you can tell, it has seen quite a bit of use :) Truly one of my handiest blades.
DSC00867.jpg

Russell

Back