TM 1 CF Voids

jbhildeb

Gold Member
I picked up a Lionsteel TM1 in Carbon Fiber when they first hit the market. I loved everything about the knife except for all of the small voids throughout the carbon fiber visible to the naked eye. I returned the knife due to this issue. Has this issue been corrected on future runs? I would really like to re-order another one of these knives for my collection.

They all have voids. They used some low quality cf. Mine is the same. I believe the micarta doesn't have that issue but I don't have one in micarta to say for sure.

While the voids are ugly it's still an amazing knife and one of my favorites. But I do wish they would have used some higher quality low void cf.

They all have voids. They used some low quality cf. Mine is the same. I believe the micarta doesn't have that issue but I don't have one in micarta to say for sure.

While the voids are ugly it's still an amazing knife and one of my favorites. But I do wish they would have used some higher quality low void cf.

May I ask where this knife balances? I guess the CF version would have a slightly more forward balance than the heavier micarta.

May I ask where this knife balances? I guess the CF version would have a slightly more forward balance than the heavier micarta.
It doesn't like to balance very well on my fingers. But around there.

tactical_center_elite-1521771775162.jpg

Reactions: AF
Back