Photos TM-3 "The Fisherman" red bone muskrat - #R1947

As knife collectors we sometimes "upgrade" a knife in our collection if/when a nicer example comes along. Sometimes there is no upgrade possible because a knife is truly an outstanding example.

This knife fits into the latter catagory. It is to my mind an awesome example of these knives. Shown with all the original bling. It is from the 1981 "Tradesman Series" or "Schrade Cutlery Classics" collection as it was also described. http://collectors-of-schrades-r.us/tradesman/Tradesmans.pdf

CKUP2Ij.jpg

QhNvZyD.jpg

j68O89S.jpg

3OO9twJ.jpg

xAtQDih.jpg

idmOQdZ.jpg

pSqMGsq.jpg

This set of five knives [if ordered from Schrade] came with a display unit and two Serialised knives - The other three Serialised knives, were sent out [some months later] when they were made. My set was never opened, and the display unit is still unopened.

Over the years, as single knives came up, I added them to my Collection... Ken

Those are certainly attractive knives. I have the display with knives on the wall of my man cave for some years now. If my memory serves me, and it often does not, the bone was offered in at least two and maybe three different colors, so one could have three different displays if successful at purchasing.

I just double-checked and sure enough three sets are out there to be had. Like the Heritage knives from a couple years later the Tradesman series came in green and brown as well as red.

Back