To etch or not to etch?

This is a smallish bowie I've been working on which isn't totally finished. I don't really care much for bright blades anymore but thought I raise this question on weither or not to etch it. I still need to do a couple more hours of etch on the fittings also but I'm running out of day light and wanted to get this up.
PDRM0408.JPG

If it's edge quenched then definately etch.:cool:

edited to add:
Almost forgot to mention I like that Bowie. A nice overall package.:D

All the best,
Mike U.

The knife looks great but the guard is a bit long for my taste but other then that its a beaut

I like etch blades also but that one looks so clean I would be tempted to leave it just like it is!

I cant imagine a Richard that is as shiney as stainless. Etch it quick! I like it.

Its hard to tell with outbeing able to see it in 3 dimensions, but I think it would look even better with the gaurd not being as tall coming out the top. Hope that makes sense.
Kyle Fuglesten

Way COOOOOOL!!!!!!!!
Heck it would be a 50/50 toss up to me on the blade finish.
As for the guard,I aleays keep the top the same distance from the back of the Blade as it is from the cutting edge instead of centering it on the riccasso,but that is just me this one looks great as is and there are allot out there that have the guard centered like this one.
Bruce

I coulda gone either way on that one. It lookes real good clean but, I'm sure (especially if it's ede quenched) it will look cool etched too. Very sweet knife.

Woo Hoo! Man that one gets your attention! I guess I didn't notice the guard until you all started talking about it but now that I'm aware I think I'm with Bruce Evans, I center it on the whole width of the blade too. But I sure like this one! Thanks for sharing,

Dave

Back