Tobyhanna Creek

Another nice day hiking and fly fishing in the Poconos on beautiful Tobyhanna Creek. Nobody on the creek but me :)

SANY0035-2.jpg

SANY0046-1.jpg

Nice little falls: above and below shots:

SANY0047.jpg

SANY0044.jpg

I even managed to trick a few trout on some dry flies :D

SANY0028-1.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbup:

My fiance lives in Stroudsburg and I plan to fish that stream this summer. Great pics I have wondered whether it would be worth my while to fish there.

That is some nice scenery. Lots of great streams in PA for trout fishing and just a day out away from the routine. I generally prefer the Central PA area, but I'm biased. Try Pohopoco Creek if you are looking for big fish. Tough creek to fish, but there are some monster trout in that creek.

My fiance lives in Stroudsburg and I plan to fish that stream this summer. Great pics I have wondered whether it would be worth my while to fish there.

I recommend. There wasn't a soul on the stream and some good sized rainbows as well. I tried A&A Outfitters in Blakeslee for some flies, and they worked great. Nicely outfitted shop.

That is some nice scenery. Lots of great streams in PA for trout fishing and just a day out away from the routine. I generally prefer the Central PA area, but I'm biased. Try Pohopoco Creek if you are looking for big fish. Tough creek to fish, but there are some monster trout in that creek.

I will make a note of that creek. Pennsylvania certainly has it's share of quality streams. :thumbup:

Back