Today

db

What knife did you use today and what did you use it for?
For me I carried my Vic Cadet and opened a bag of salt, used the can opener as a hook to pull ice packed pins on a snowplow, and cut up a box. That was it for me not much knife work today at all.

Case Crandall Traditional Green Bone Peanut. Cut a plastic takeout container in two while having a picnic lunch with my wife and daughter. Cut my daughter's quesadilla into manageable pieces (same lunch). Sliced some twine, mulch bags and cut openings in landscape barrier fabric while planting roses in my mother-in-law's garden. Earned lots of brownie points today!:D Almost forgot....... stripped some wire insulation while installing a florescent shop light in MIL's laundry room.

Wenger Standard Issue for me today. This has been my edc for the last while when I'm not at work (dress pants = peanut). I used the can opener to pop off a plastic access panel on my car while changing the oil, and to punch through the foil on the 5 quart container of motor oil.

Then I was experimenting with making alcohol stoves out of small cans. I used the awl to punch a couple rows of holes in some 3 and 4 oz. pet food cans, and I used the bottle opener again to open the top of the denatured alcohol container. I used the awl again to scrape the firesteel and light the stove, which worked great!

Case CV Wharncliffe Copperlock -- cut up boxes, apple, cheese.

Vic Tinker -- unstuck a shell from a .22 w/small screwdriver/can opener.

Round pizza knife -- cut up a frozen pizza. :D

SAK Mini-champ in pocket today. At an offsite meeting today and we had rows of bottled cokes with no opener, so the mini-champ fixed that. Used the blade to open some boxes and spent most of the afternoon spinning it on the desk in front of me.

Had my edc Wenger SI as per the expeiment. We took a woods walk and the Wenger was used to slice up some of the baggette as well as the provolone cheese for a light lunch.

Later the awl blade picked out the burned ashes from my pipe bowl.

SAK Huntsman, small blade: opened up a happy-meal toy for junior.

thx - cpr

I keep a coffee cup full of pencils on my desk. There were too many dull ones, so I used my Reese Bose 4 blade congress to sharpen them up. Wood pencils are a great excuse for using a pocket knife. Natural Cedar pencils are the way to go.

Case Sod Buster Jr to scrape name labels off doors and dirt from between my fingernails. Not much use for mine today.

Per the experiment: Still carrying the S&M Harness Jack. Used it today to break down a couple of boxes.

todd

Case yellow handle medium stockman in CV. Just doing work around the house today. Most involved no knife work. This evening we had a birthday party for my now 2 yr old. It opened packages.

As per The Experiment (ok, I'm not really signed up for it, but I'm sort of trying to follow the spirit of it), I'm toting just my harvest orange Case peanut. Getting my son dressed for pre-school I helped remove a stray string from one of his socks that was really bothering him.*

* I suspect he just wanted to see me pull out my knife and cut something. I was happy to oblige! And just between us, if when he's old enough he wants this peanut, it's all his.

Henckels 4-blade, step bolster Congress, Whittled a bit.

Vic Alox Soldier stripped door bell wire, used the screwdriver.

Spyderco Ocelot, opened plastic packaging on frozen chickien parts for daughter's lunch. Cut same.

Interesting thread db, I always enjoy hearing about uses our beloved folksy crew uses they're slippys for..

Yesterday, it was one of my Case Trapper's, a Case 6254 XX Silver Script in TS-SS..
000_1347.jpg

In this hand made G-2 RH belt sheath.
G2CaseTrapperSheath1.jpg

><> First, I wrapped and packed a slippy knife that I just traded off to a Gent in Kentucky and used my Trapper to cut the clear tape for the box that I packed it in.

><> Next, I cut 2 naval Oranges into about a dozen wedges for my breakfast.

><> Then, opened some envelopes that I got at my post office box last Saturday afternoon.

><> In the afternoon I went into town and enjoyed a salad for lunch with a dear friend and cut the tomatoes down to bite sized pieces as they came in large 1/4's.

><> While in town, I went to the local Publix supermarket for some meat and potatoes for supper for my wife, kids and myself. While their in the checkout line, at my request to assist, I was handed a new journal tape roll that the cashier was attempting to change, but was completely frustrated and could not manage to unstick the tab with her fingernail. Cut it for her and handed it back to several heartfelt, "thank you's".

><> Got home and cut the steak packages open to go into the teriyaki marinade.

><> Intended to go jump a few lake banks and do a little shoreline bass fishing, I cut all the old 12lb test line from my vintage Diawa Millionaire bait casting reel. Restrung her with a fresh spool of Berkley Trilene.... Never did get to go fishing due to the rain..:(

><> Heard my daughter and her friend yelling for me out on the back half of the property and asking me to help with a bicycle chain problem. I respond to they're plea to fine some old twine stuck and wrapped around the chain.. Cut all that out and freed the chain to little smiling faces.

><> Cut my b-b-q steak and potatoes at dinner..

><> Cut off the metal-foil label to get to the cork a brand new bottle of 12 year old single malt scotch..

Just another day in the deep south some call paradise.

I opened two envelopes containing knives this morning and a sandwich package at lunch with my 'new' CASE Blue bone 1/2 whittler with the wharncliffe blade that I received in a trade from my good friend Sunnyd. It was a treat to use.

Case Caribbean Blue mini trapper with Wharncliff. Cut an apple, opened some mail, pulled a staple.

Been carrying it for a couple of weeks now. Not real thrilled with the color, but it's a very nice size, blade shape, etc.

-- Sam

haven't cut anything yet today, but i am getting ready to head out back into the woods. i'll have to see if i can find an excuse to pull out the knife.

yesterday i used my opinel to prepare dinner. dicing various veggies for a sort of stir fry. then for dessert cut up an apple to prepare for a sprinkling of cinnamon.

I opened two envelopes containing knives this morning and a sandwich package at lunch with my 'new' CASE Blue bone 1/2 whittler with the wharncliffe blade that I received in a trade from my good friend Sunnyd. It was a treat to use.

I am so glad to hear you like EDC'n that slippy!. I pray it always & forever serves you WELL partner!!.:thumbup::)

Back