Today's Pics - S7 Choppers, A2, 52100

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I'm about to go work on grinding the scales on these, the epoxy has had 36 hours to cure.

010-20.jpg

Full Mirror A2 Poon Tip with Purple CTEK - my camera makes it look blue... Kiridashi and S7 Cleaver with triple swedge in the background

016-14.jpg

I did some chopping with my Havok today. Working on my swing for when the zombie apocalypse comes.

Looking good Daniel! I didn't know you got some of the ctek material, that's some cool looking stuff. It gives m all kinds of ideas. I'm considering choping some new access hatches into my I14 just so I have some honeycomb to make my own ctek!

Gooey, its all in the hips, lead with your hips and you will have much more power in your swing! I posted a video in the DFK chat with some excellent examples of proper swing technique. Check it out...

-Xander

Damn! Those are sweet. Will you ever have a pre buy list for choppers? I know that you wanted to fin up your custom order list, but wow! Those are mean!

I did some chopping with my Havok today. Working on my swing for when the zombie apocalypse comes.

I've been out waiting on them with the pirate sword and the new Havok to no avail... then started thinking what if I was a zombie and didn't know? Aww screw that I'll be out waiting! :D

Looking good Daniel! I didn't know you got some of the ctek material, that's some cool looking stuff. It gives m all kinds of ideas. I'm considering choping some new access hatches into my I14 just so I have some honeycomb to make my own ctek!

Gooey, its all in the hips, lead with your hips and you will have much more power in your swing! I posted a video in the DFK chat with some excellent examples of proper swing technique. Check it out...

-Xander

lol cut those hatches! I have seem people use a big hole saw and convert everything. Good idea for material! :D

I really like the CTEK a lot, it is cool stuff. I may get the black next. My pics do it no justice plus it is dusty, it is just killer looking in person.

Damn! Those are sweet. Will you ever have a pre buy list for choppers? I know that you wanted to fin up your custom order list, but wow! Those are mean!

Thanks! I will be doing a run of big choppers next year for sure. I'm thinking .315" thick and either the top chopper in this thread or one of my earlier designs.

The pic in this thread does my new design no justice, just wait until it is done! :cool: It feels so fast in the hand plus it is versatile and easy to sharpen.

Here is my older design, I think this is 15" and .36" thick; I may go 13-14" and .315... maybe .375"? Maybe this with a more spear/drop point style of tip.

017-10.jpg

056-4.jpg

044-4.jpg

These are all very close! :D

I am leaving for 10 days and will have them completed then. I was almost there but do not want to rush the final touches.

They are looking outstanding by the way!

Back