Todays Work

JK Knives

From left to right, Hudson Bay, APCK in oak with brass pins and lanyard, Hiker in 3/16" stock with red liners (I really like how this one feels in 3/16"), CB Neckmuk in tulipwood, and U.B.O.T. These group shots make the Hudson Bay look massive!

2z56fdy.jpg

3515w68.jpg

My handle material came this afternoon, so tomorrow I`ll be working on more! I`ve got an Anniversary Knife to finish with the wood, another Anniversary Knife for 11x11, and Rockywolf`s Bushcrafter to work on. After tomorrow my wife will be gone for a week to visit her mom, so I should be flying on these!

Last edited:
They all look great, and I'm all kinds of stoked about that Hudson Bay, but that little CB Nessie looks particularly awesome for some reason. Does tulipwood stay that light and vibrant over time, or does it darken with age? I use padauk on many of my knives, and it transitions from orange to deep red pretty quickly.

All the best,

- Mike

That Hudson Bay looks amazing John, that UBOT turned out really good as well !!!!

That Hudson bay is awesome.
What are the specs on it? Is this the 6" blade one, as it looks tremendously huge!

Last edited:
They all look great, and I'm all kinds of stoked about that Hudson Bay, but that little CB Nessie looks particularly awesome for some reason. Does tulipwood stay that light and vibrant over time, or does it darken with age? I use padauk on many of my knives, and it transitions from orange to deep red pretty quickly.

All the best,

- Mike

Here is C Bryant`s recent pic of a passaround knife of mine with tulipwood. It`s been used for six months now, it looks like it darkened a little.

34nqlfn.jpg

Here it is last December before the passaround started.

i5t9nn.jpg

Here is C Bryant`s recent pic of a passaround knife of mine with tulipwood. It`s been used for six months now, it looks like it darkened a little.

Here it is last December before the passaround started.

It is still pretty light (which looks fantastic, I really like tulipwood after using this one), but it has darkened, you can tell. Looks great...

MENTOR, the CB Neckmuck is AWESOME!!!!

I gotta get me a U.B.O.T!!

Neat. I like woods that age like a fine wine. Perhaps there's some tulipwood in my future!

All the best,

- Mike

Yes it is, I still need to make a sheath. Plan is to ship it Monday so you have it in time to open your beer on 4th of July :D

VERY much looking forward to it's arrival and I'm really thirsty. :D

Jeff

im thinking i need a ubot. i hate looking for a bottle opener. do you have any more pics of it.

This is from the original post.

Urban Bug Out Tool! 4 1/2" x 1" x 1/8" O1 steel. Based on pitdog`s idea, with some changes I decided to try. It incorporates a 2" cutting edge, prybar, and bottle opener (and yes it works ;)). The hole in the middle is a locating hole for the kydex sheath, so you can use the sheath as a blade cover while using the prybar, or as a handle. I`m going to add another hole near the end for cord wrapping. Price would be $50.00 if there is any interest.

qq7qtx.jpg

Back