Tom Anderson "Howler"

My Howler came in this week and early to boot.I have to say it was one very fine job by Tom.The first thing that stood out to me was the fit and finish.You sure can tell there was alot of time spent on the finishing.The blade is made of BG-42 and is 3.5" Lg.and came with a soft and smooth bead blasted finish and dual thumb studs.The action is snug but very smooth.The lock is a inlayed liner that sets up just where you want it to and has a good positive grab.I pressure and spine whacked tested the lock,no failurs. ;)
The handle slabs are two thick pieces of bead blasted titaniun which have file work in the thumb rest area that matches to light serrations in the blade and makes for a very good thumb rest.I picked fiddleback walnut for scale overlays and they turned out great and matched very well with the handle and blade finish.The pocket clip is set for tip down carry and is very slim but very secure in the pocket.It's a really stylish knife that fits the hand very well and at 8.25" in overall lenght it's a good size.I found Tom to be a great guy to deal with.He answerd all my emails promptly and listend to my BS on the phone on more than one occasion. Thanks

Stan

I know that you are happy. I just got a Papoose from Tom a week or two ago and it has been in my pocket everyday since. His knives are like Sebenzas in that they are high quality knives that look like they were made to be used and carried instead of babied. His prices are great too.

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen! :)

While I don't have a photo of Stumpy's Howler, here's a shot of Anthony's Mohawk Papoose:

pic12.jpg

(Photos of a fancy Howler and my other models can be found on my website. Just hit "Click here for model info" to see the table of available photographs.)

------------------

I've made various modifications to my folders in the past several months. Many of these were due to the suggestions and tips by fellow forumites. My sincere thanks go out to everybody for your continued support! :)

O.K. guys I am tring to add a picture ,it's my first try I hope it works.:)

Adding one more pic.Any help on grouping pics. together in one post would be greatly appreciated.

Nice looking blade. Stumpy, I like your nick! Lol. I ground off the tip of my thumb last december, so people were calling me stumpy for a while.

Spark has answered the picture question in some other thread. Only one per post, so all you can do is what you did- reply to your own thread to get another picture in.

My Mohawk Warrior has holes in it that aren't in a straight line, But I think Tom A. does that on PURPOSE!

Back