• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tombstone Defender

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings everyone! Here’s an offer for another Tombstone Defender, the largest of my Tombstone series.

3/16”” thick in 52100 with professional HT at 60/61. Finished dimensions are 14 5/16” overall, 8 15/16” tip to guard and 1 7/8” tall at the harpoon. Hand sanded to 1000 grit for a clean satin finish. The flats have some mill finish remnants for contrast.

Edge before sharpening was .010” or so and it is extremely sharp. Balance is at the plunge. The deep swedge is also near sharp at .010” +\- down the full length.

The guard is blued steel and brass with stainless and copper spacers. It's finished to 2000 grit and buffed. The pommel is blued steel with brass and stainless pins.

The handle is Bocote, leather and elk with G10 spacers and a 3/32” stainless pin. Under the rear of the guard are two imperfectly executed turquoise inlay dots from an imperfect knife maker, the “added character” is reflected in the price.
19-23 1.JPG 19-23 2.jpg 19-23 3.jpg 19-23 4.jpg 19-23 5.jpg 19-23 6.jpg 19-23 7.jpg 19-23 8.jpg
Well I was planning on asking $350 but this is still a beast of a knife at only $295 to your door, and of course your satisfaction is my only priority. I can accept paypal, check or MO, and the price includes fees and free shipping in the US.

Thanks so much for looking and please feel free to ask anything here or via PM.

John Cahoon

What an absolute STEAL! I'm shocked this has lasted this long. I'm not a leather sheath maker but I'd bet that sheath alone is at LEAST $100. Whoever gets this is robbing John!

Last edited:
To slightly change the words of a famous Australian actor, "Now that's a knife." Excellent work. Incredible price.

Wow, thanks for all the kind comments Gents. It really is priced to move to a loving forever home.;) (Ackshully, the sheath is $200 and the knife is $95, not sold separately:confused:)

Greetings everyone! Here’s an offer for another Tombstone Defender, the largest of my Tombstone series.

3/16”” thick in 52100 with professional HT at 60/61. Finished dimensions are 14 5/16” overall, 8 15/16” tip to guard and 1 7/8” tall at the harpoon. Hand sanded to 1000 grit for a clean satin finish. The flats have some mill finish remnants for contrast.

Edge before sharpening was .010” or so and it is extremely sharp. Balance is at the plunge. The deep swedge is also near sharp at .010” +\- down the full length.

The guard is blued steel and brass with stainless and copper spacers. It's finished to 2000 grit and buffed. The pommel is blued steel with brass and stainless pins.

The handle is Bocote, leather and elk with G10 spacers and a 3/32” stainless pin. Under the rear of the guard are two imperfectly executed turquoise inlay dots from an imperfect knife maker, the “added character” is reflected in the price.
View attachment 1371848 View attachment 1371849 View attachment 1371850 View attachment 1371851 View attachment 1371852 View attachment 1371853 View attachment 1371854 View attachment 1371855
Well I was planning on asking $350 but this is still a beast of a knife at only $295 to your door, and of course your satisfaction is my only priority. I can accept paypal, check or MO, and the price includes fees and free shipping in the US.

Thanks so much for looking and please feel free to ask anything here or via PM.

John Cahoon
sorry for the question but is this a full tang or hidden tang I see the pins in the pommel but did not know ?Beautiful knife!

Hi Aeromat209 Aeromat209 , email sent with hidden tang details. Basically the slotted oak dowel method with 2 threaded rods reinforcing the handle block. Thanks a lot,
John

Back