Too good deal for 11/20

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
T to b

17 inch 22 ounce villager fit and finish father's military replica by Manoj. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $85. *SOLD*

18 inch 28 ounce M-43 by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sehat. Real workhorse at $100 even. *SOLD*

ownFulL.jpg

L4dltcW.jpg

16 inch 17 ounce Kukbowie by Kumar. Sisau wood handle. Leather sheath. $85. *SOLD*

GhC9XjA.jpg

12.5 inch 12 ounce Pen Knife by Kumar. Dark satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $65. *SOLD*

ffRq541.jpg

Ugs7tbj.jpg

Beautiful necklace at $25

P1X3QFb.jpg

Cotton Jola for $25

78yyGnc.jpg

1Out6Ct.jpg

Woolen hat for $16 *SOLD*

xjEploI.jpg

Tibetan woolen mittens for $18

ygdk3sM.jpg

Exclusive Cashimere shawl for your loved one at $25

J9YJ0yn.jpg

tEfe1Hy.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
Lot of music today, that khuk bowie and necklace sing, the fathers military knife is a looker too.

EMS and done deal on:
17 inch 22 ounce villager fit and finish father's military replica by Manoj. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $85.
I've been eyeing these. They're new to me. And a villager!

EMS crazy woolen hat! I need another one for my other granddaughter now.
DD on the hat. She dont have another btw.

Last edited:
I'm really digging that Kukbowie!

Someone better grab it, ya'll been warned!

your wish is my command..... EMS

have been eyeing them myself for months, can't pass it up at that price..... had been holding off hoping for one with a pinned handle.... but hey, why not!

your wish is my command..... EMS

have been eyeing them myself for months, can't pass it up at that price..... had been holding off hoping for one with a pinned handle.... but hey, why not!

Congrats! I'm sure she's a beauty!

If anyone does not have a pen knife it is one of the best kitchen knives and outdoor knoves you can get. Super work horse
Yeah, I have a little villager pen knife with a horn handle that I keep on my "stuff I use everyday" little table in my room. Funny how some of the stuff I wasn't really interested in and bought out of boredom, addiction and/or frustration at missing something else became a regular part of my life.

Yeah, I have a little villager pen knife with a horn handle that I keep on my "stuff I use everyday" little table in my room. Funny how some of the stuff I wasn't really interested in and bought out of boredom, addiction and/or frustration at missing something else became a regular part of my life.
Yup same here if it was not for bawanna mentioning it I would have passed over mine. I use it all the time and the horn handles work great.

Def the ones you are not looking for that are the best.

..... had been holding off hoping for one with a pinned handle.... but hey, why not!
Hawg! Dont let the traditional handle style change your mind. Chiruwa is fine but the more parts the more chance of failure. The traditional long rat tail peened on the end is traditional for a reason. Plenty of arguments there but also keep in mind that the traditional handle absorbs shock better than steel with wood slabs and if used in the cold weather insulates your hand from cold or frozen steel. Lots of good reason for traditional handles. Maybe thats why they are considered traditional? I doubt you will be chopping all day with that blade so really not a big deal but if your considering choppers or extended use blades then there are many reasons to consider traditional style versus chiruwa. Grats on a fine looking Bowie (if ya got it?)! I want one of those myself.

aye, got the DD, and yes, I'm a big fan of the traditional handles.... it's just been my ( limited ) experience that when pressed into hard use, they are more prone to crack.... not that I believe the tang would ever give way..... but of the 50+ HI blades I have.... 4 have cracked handles... 3 horn and 1 wood.... and all 4 are traditional style.

Its a minor thing, especially on a knife I don't see as getting heavy use as a chopper..... but it is a thing....

If you sort back thru all the hundreds and hundreds of DoTD threads .....you'll see a trend .... if you are looking for it.... the traditional handles just seem prone to bigger issues than the slab style handle ones.... usually worst you see of a slab style is the scales shrink just a touch and the tang stands proud which is easy enough fixed with a file in a couple minutes.... once the traditional handle splits, its a much more complicated fix.

/shrug

Well I certainly see your point. If that was my experience id probably do the same. I did have one traditional handle break on me come to think of it but I wood glued it back and clamped it back together and it has worked for me for several years now so I cant complain about that.

17 inch 22 ounce villager fit and finish father's military replica by Manoj. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. Just came in the mail.

It's beautiful. I don't know if this is typical of villagers now, but there is a higher level of finish on it than I'm used to on villagers. The handle is polished and coated. And the blade isn't HI shiny, but it is more sanded, going toward a satin finish rather than having streaks and striations. The blade geometry is exactly what it looked like to me in the photos, and the handle shape fits my hand perfectly. I'll post some picks after the second Ballistol rubdown outside in some decent lighting at some point.

It's funny how it seems my eye hasn't lost anything, and maybe gained in the years I've been away from the forums as far as being able to look at a picture and tell whether a kukri was intended for me or not. I not only see better, but hear the call even more loudly than before. I guess use and familiarity trumps looking. I went back and checked all the father's military replica's I'd passed on last night before this arrived and looking at them side by side, this is the one I'd have picked. The blade geometry, the handle shape, it just looked most right to me.

It also got here crazy fast. Big props to Yangdu for getting things out as quickly as she does.

aye, got the DD, and yes, I'm a big fan of the traditional handles.... it's just been my ( limited ) experience that when pressed into hard use, they are more prone to crack.... not that I believe the tang would ever give way..... but of the 50+ HI blades I have.... 4 have cracked handles... 3 horn and 1 wood.... and all 4 are traditional style.

Its a minor thing, especially on a knife I don't see as getting heavy use as a chopper..... but it is a thing....

If you sort back thru all the hundreds and hundreds of DoTD threads .....you'll see a trend .... if you are looking for it.... the traditional handles just seem prone to bigger issues than the slab style handle ones.... usually worst you see of a slab style is the scales shrink just a touch and the tang stands proud which is easy enough fixed with a file in a couple minutes.... once the traditional handle splits, its a much more complicated fix.

/shrug

I'm curious. I haven't had a cracked handle, though the kukris I've used most over the years have been horn and wood villagers (because of the feel and shape of those particular blades rather than because of the finish or anything). I was wondering if the ones that cracked were polished/finished handles. I use those too, but not as much and I've always wondered if the polished handles, especially the horn, were more likely to crack.

I don't think any of the handles are finished. They are hit with the buffer probably the same time they polish the blade but I don't think there like oil or anything other than polishing compound.
That's why it's kind of important to clean the handle or sand it and apply the mineral oil or linseed or whatever one prefers.
The horn of course benefits from mineral oil and they too should be cleaned to get the polishing compound off so the mineral oil can penetrate and hydrate. I've not had any handles crack in users or wall hangers. I try to look them over periodically (who doesn't love that) and oil them if they look dry.

Back