• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Toor Knives...anyone else having issues?

Is this undrstanding the result of a statement from Toor Knives?
It's all open and not a secret brother. They release the Phoenix through We because they didn't have the equipment to make folders themselves. They used that to launch off their own production.

You can also jump on their YouTube channel and get a virtual shop tour, or head over to El Cajon and see directly stuff getting made.

Is this undrstanding the result of a statement from Toor Knives?
Unless they are misrepresenting themselves:

"
The Chasm folding knife was designed as an everyday carry companion that has a much smaller footprint. This version features a blade made from premium CPM 154 steel, with a natural stone finish. The iconic recurve edge allows for multiple cutting points with smooth transitions, creating a seamless razor edge. The Chasm rides on phosphor bronze washers for a smooth, controlled action.

The handles, hardware, and ambidextrous pocket clip on this midsize frame lock folding knife are all constructed from 6al-4v titanium to ensure longevity and toughness. A standard 1/4” hole at the rear of the knife allows you to add your favorite lanyard or bead. Every component of this blade is made in-house at Toor Knives, here in San Diego, CA."

Toor has been very clear that these releases are USA made at their facility in San Diego.

I ordered an admiral directly from Toor, based on the quality of the two merchants I already purchased from dealers. I received a prompt confirmation of my order but was told via confirmation AFTER I ordered to expect shipping 20-25 business days after placing the order. And 20-25 BUSINESS Days? Thats 4-5 weeks to ship an instock item? Seriously. I'm giving them a chance since they are a USA company. But it seems a bit out of line from any other manufactured, in-stock knife I've ever ordered. I'm not being critical of their policy but trying to inform others of the ship times, and since ordering they have added to the Admiral page to now expect 25-30 days, in the page text.

I placed my order on November 15th and still no shipping notification. An email sent last week says these items will begin shipping the week (week of Nov 29). I will update after receipt of shipping notification.

Yes I did and I have since ordered and received the smkw special edition chasm.
I like he admiral, a little small but the fit and finish are good. The actions are definitely stiff. It’s takes some breaking in for sure.
The tension bar on the chasm was definitely a little strong and needed some tweaking to correct. Overall I like supporting US companies and hope they do well

Last edited:
I'm the happy owner of a v.1 Merchant...it's amazing...My wait time was not an issue since I bought it on the Ex.

But I almost didn't pull the trigger on it because I've seen it criticized on a couple issues:

Criticism #1 >>>The handles are too thick...My experience: They're perfect!

Criticism #2 >>>The frame lock fails with spine whack or even light pressure on spine...My experience: Lock engages/stays engaged wonderfully...related question: What kind of dumbass cuts with the spine of their knife or whacks it anyways? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Hi everyone this is an old post so late to the party, I only heard of this brand today on a random everyday carry link. Has anyone had any dealings with the XT1 Alpha?

Back