Top Five Traditionals

I haven't really carried the laguiole much lately, but these are my top 5. By the way, I really like that wharncliffe dogleg.
KfeAtFC.jpg

My knives see the most use in the summer, lots of camping , picnics, boating.
We get in a frenzy to enjoy the short warm weather here in Canada lol :)

Not so much now to be honest, as I work from home, mostly behind a screen.

The opinel reigns supreme for outdoor summer food prep. My wife and my mom LOVE it. I gave one to my Mom that I had "personalized" and she raved so much about it that one of my sisters asked for her own "personalized" opinel. This got me in trouble with my other two sisters as right now I don't have anymore but I promise them to fix that.

The pioneer can be interchanged with a farmer depending on situations ( on one camping trip I used every single tool on the farmer )

The lambsfoot for utilitarian type of tasks. And to carry in my walks for pics lol :D:cool:

My Grohmann to eat with it once in a while :) , it also reminds me of a wonderful family vacation in Atlantic Canada.

Finding uses for my new super sharp soddie :cool:, mostly food prep as well for now.

JFlYC8o.jpg

qXX0H0F.jpg

I don't usually have a rotation. I have a knife that I carried every single day for five years (not a long time). I got twitchy though, so it got demoted to primary carry. Before the stay-at-home orders I carried it at least five days a week, and I carried something different on the weekend in addition to the go-to-meetin' knife I'd pocket on Sundays.

Strangely enough, I carry more and different knives now than I ever have. I'm working from home, so I really don't need to carry a knife since there is something sharp no more than an arm's length away. Yet because I don't have to tote a wallet, keys, or phone, I now have the space to carry multiple knives.

o_O

I actually envy that you were able to stick with one for so long.
I choose to carry my Lamb every day and then rotate a second knife to keep myself entertained.

It wasn't too hard for the first couple of years. The knife was a Father's Day gift from my little girl. I treasure it above all others.

In the end the knife nut won out though. I just had to switch my carry knife out every so often, though the Father's Day knife still gets the lion's share of pocket time.

Fixed blades can't be concealed here in California. I don't particularly want to walk around with a fixed blade sheath knife at the grocery store or the office where I work.
It's definitely a nonsensical law that annoys me.

Thankfully for me I live in a fairly rural area where nobody gives a second thought , however since I'm staying out of trouble and the issue has never come up I don't worry if my jacket covers my belt knife sometimes so they may just not be noticing them.

I just don't like carrying things on my belt.
It's certainly not always perfect.

If you really wanna carry a small " fixed blade " I'm sure theres some kind of carry option out there that will work for you, there so handy you should look into it more.

These five slip joints find their way into my pocket most often. There's no rotation, just what I pick for the day. No rhyme nor reason.
There's almost always a small sheath knife and a modern too.
9b7H62q.jpg

Back