TOPS knifes

I was thinking about ordering a TOPS knife and was just wondering what people's opinions were about them. To me they seem pretty nice.

I have never used a TOPS knife and have only had the chance to handle one model. It was the Cochise and it had a beige Micarta handle. This was a nice hunter that had good balance and felt good in the hand. It was also a perfect size for me.

I own about 5 Tops knives. Of those 5 only one is a folder (the big Magnum, which I really like). Also just ordered a double edged Ranger Short Stop from them last week. This looks like one sweet, squat dagger.

Needless to say, I really like the styles and the company is very good to deal with. Some folks think that some of the styles are a bit overpriced since they do not use any high tech steel. Most of the fixed blades are 1095.

I would always recommend Tops knives. You won't be disappointed.

I'd like to get my hands on a Moccasin Ranger one day. I posted a few weeks ago asking if anybody had one, got no replies. Sometimes I just want to blow my whole Christmas knife-buying budget on one bad-ass knife...

Jayharley,
I too just ordered a Ranger Short Stop, 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Hopefully it should arrive in another 1 to 2 weeks, this is my first TOPS knife, but I've read a lot of good things about them. Eventually I want to get a steel eagle 111A so it's good to hear how much you like them.
Lagarto

Originally posted by lagarto
Jayharley,
I too just ordered a Ranger Short Stop, 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Hopefully it should arrive in another 1 to 2 weeks, this is my first TOPS knife, but I've read a lot of good things about them. Eventually I want to get a steel eagle 111A so it's good to hear how much you like them.
Lagarto

When I ordered my Short Stop, last week, I was told it would be about 3 week wait. Evidently it is quite a popular knife.

I own 2 TOPS, a tracker and a Strikar XL tanto. Both very great knifes!You can't get disapointed! The only minus I can point would be the lack of concealment possibility with their steel clips sheaths... My Strikar Xl tanto is really hard to carry in a "concealement friendly way" I wish they'll use Tech-lock one day in stead of steel clips...

I have two, a UTE01 and a Cougar Claw, I like them a lot. Very stout thick little blades, absolutely suck as slicers (but then again if I wanted a slicer I'd get a thin hollow ground job). The UTE came with a very concealable sheath but the Cougar Claw has the same clip thingy that juts way out.

If you want it fast s4supply.com has TOPS in stock and FrankCastle is a member here, good guy to do business with.

Back