Torn Between Three

Thought you were getting a Strider 🤣... sorry, couldn't help myself.

First off, the Sheepdog runs on bearings, the other two washers... what's your preference?

Second, the Appalachian is not in stock at the moment from EKI, the other two are... you in a rush?

Thought you were getting a Strider 🤣... sorry, couldn't help myself.

First off, the Sheepdog runs on bearings, the other two washers... what's your preference?

Second, the Appalachian is not in stock at the moment from EKI, the other two are... you in a rush?
Lol. No Striders…ever. There was a tinge of sarcasm in that reply.

I have a line on all three (new)….with maybe $30.00 separating them.

The bearing pivot is appealing.

Thanks Boru13 Boru13 .

Having never owned any of the three, if I were to pick one, it would be the Appalachian, since bladestock are all at 0.125, which is actually skinnier than I thought.

You can get a sheepdog in spear point too, which gives you more versatility than the appalachian which is mostly belly. The market skinner is...kind of ugly? Dont see the appeal in it.

Then again, having only owned Emerson collabs, take my advice with a grain of salt :)

Good luck man. Also, you have too much spare change, wish I was that rich...Shiros, emerson, I'm over here like Civivis, Kershaws...lol

Depends on the model and more importantly the year.

Off on a tangent here, but I can buy a Jake Hoback Encoch for the same price with CPM-20CV, runs on caged bearings, which holds its value relatively well comparatively.🤷. I like the looks and specs on it too.

I think I’m under the wrong impression that Emerson’s are similar to Medford’s.

Oklahoma Outlaw Oklahoma Outlaw
Going back to the resale value, certain models depending on year will command a premium price… 98 Commander for example.

Take a look at the Spyderco Slyz Bowie, a factory made frame lock selling for 5, 6, 700 dollars… go figure that.

EKI recently made an announcement where they are no longer selling to wholesalers or dealers. Most dealers are completely out of stock, either buy direct or the second hand market… wouldn’t surprise me too see prices increase because of this.

Oklahoma Outlaw Oklahoma Outlaw
Going back to the resale value, certain models depending on year will command a premium price… 98 Commander for example.

Take a look at the Spyderco Slyz Bowie, a factory made frame lock selling for 5, 6, 700 dollars… go figure that.

EKI recently made an announcement where they are no longer selling to wholesalers or dealers. Most dealers are completely out of stock, either buy direct or the second hand market… wouldn’t surprise me too see prices increase because of this.

Agreed.

Good choice ! I have with no problems and I also have a Market Skinner ! And I like the blade shape of the Skinner . I have 12 or 13 Emersons so I really like them. Most of the time I carry a Mini Commander . I think its a better everyday knife . I have the larger ones to, a Super Commander and a Super CQC-8 .

Good choice ! I have with no problems and I also have a Market Skinner ! And I like the blade shape of the Skinner . I have 12 or 13 Emersons so I really like them. Most of the time I carry a Mini Commander . I think its a better everyday knife . I have the larger ones to, a Super Commander and a Super CQC-8 .

So, how do you like your Sheepdog? I’d be interested in hearing the good, bad, and ugly.

I love my Sheepdog , I have had it about a year and have no problems whatsoever. I life having all the options of opening it up. I would not carry or use it in a really dusty environment because of the bearing. The same would be true of any flipper with bearing. None of them hold up in a really dirty dusty environment.

Back