Torx screw poll.......

This is really no big deal,I was just wondering more than anything.
I noticed that I have two different types torx screws on my BM-4X line balisongs.
One type has a rounded head,and one type has a flat head...I prefer the look of the flat headed torx screws more cause it sits flush with the handle when it's screwed down all the way.
So I was just wondering if anybody knows when the flat headed torx screws were on the BM-4X line balisong's,cause mine wasn't a preproduction or 1st run,and I noticed that the preproduction and 1st run bali's that i've seen have the rounded torx heads.Which means they started the line with the rounded type,switched to the flat head,then went back to the rounded type....I wonder why.

So which type do you have one your BM-4X balisong?

Yeah I noticed it too,
I think there was a thread about it earlier...

My BM42 pre.pro. has a T-10 pivot pin torx, flat head.
my BM43 has a T-8 pivot pin with rounded head...

Maybe BM found a retailer with lower priced screws, or, if they make them themselves, maybe it's just one of their many experiments...

both my 42as (fairly early production) and my 43 have the rounded heads but flat ones do sound nice.

My 42as 105/500 has rounded heads, along with a 42a purchased Feb, 2001. But, the 42a is getting warranty work done because of loose torx pins. It'll be interesting to see what they come back with.

I think I can safely tell you that if your knife is getting warrenty work done right now,that it's going to come back with the rounded torx screws.
I know this cause I just got some replacement screws from Angie the other day and they were the rounded ones...peace
-Stagger lee

Back