torx set to take apart PM2 and Para 3

Wiha are great tools especially their torx and hex wrenches or bits and drivers ... Wera is good also ...

so as long as whatever set you buy has the sizes you need Wiha would be my first choice.

Wiha is great and would definitely be ok to use. I got the T1-T8 set for my knives. Not much reason to go bigger for me :thumbsup:

Wiha is great and would definitely be ok to use. I got the T1-T8 set for my knives. Not much reason to go bigger for me :thumbsup:
i wish they had a T1-T10 set. my amazon order is gonna be a set of these, an arctic fox dual sided field stone, and some daiwa oil. this is gonna be my start to knife maintenance hahaha

Reactions: BP_
I've never tried the Wiha wing-style drivers, but the Wiha stuff I own is excellent.

These are my go-to drivers for most knife maintenance. I think I had to buy one of them separately, but the rest came as a set. (The Benchmade driver kit on the top left is quite old and not nearly as good, but for a portable little all-in-one option it's not bad.)

zgqrOsf.jpg

I also have a chunky Wiha interchangeable driver that's great for applying a lot of force in a controlled manner. Don't think I have a photo of that one, but it comes in handy too.

I've never tried the Wiha wing-style drivers, but the Wiha stuff I own is excellent.

These are my go-to drivers for most knife maintenance. I think I had to buy one of them separately, but the rest came as a set. (The Benchmade driver kit on the top left is quite old and not nearly as good, but for a portable little all-in-one option it's not bad.)

zgqrOsf.jpg

I also have a chunky Wiha interchangeable driver that's great for applying a lot of force in a controlled manner. Don't think I have a photo of that one, but it comes in handy too.
i just ordered the winged set, im just worried about over torquing really. this is just to start being that its only $20 so im hoping itll serve me well until i can get the actual screwdrivers

Put this into the search bar in amazon and look for a Wiha kit that has a body like a Pen and the body will be black with a red top,I own a few of those and they work great plus you can keep the bits stored in the handle.

Wiha 84705759852

hey i was wondering if this torx set would be good for maintenance? ive heard spydercos strip easily. i still have a red loctite PM2 that i havent taken apart yet so im kinda worried.

https://imgur.com/a/cDqRYc9

The only problem with that set is that you may find yourself wanting/needing a second T8.

Yeah, your right about the second t8, but I already had a benchmade set so I used the 8 out of it and can usually just hold it with my fingers.

Not to hijack the hread, but what are you guys using to combat the Red Loctite of Doom? A good torx set can only get you so far.

I use a Lenox set I got at Lowes. Also have a husky set (bits store in handle) from home depot. Both work well, haven't stripped a screw or bit yet. Will upgrade to wiha later.

As for the red loctite, heat gun, soldering iron, hot water. Take your pick!

So far every PM2 and Para 3 that I've owned (s35vn, s110v, and s30v) has broke loose without doing anything special, just holding the driver down tight and giving it a good hard twist.

Some of the Taichung stuff is different, I had to heat the crap out of my Domino to get the pivot and standoff screws out.

Those small Wiha drivers are great, but I also like the bits that fit into any regular driver handle to generate a little more torque.

I prefer the bit sets and short handled drivers ... the chubby drivers are ok but a bit too small for the best grip ... these are the drivers I like best the red wiha the green is a ratching wera ... and I have another set almost exactly like the one in the picture ... and still have bought a number of extra bits to have at least two of the most used sizes ...

2018-12-17 00.09.43.jpg

I have never had issues with the red loctite ... be sure your bit it seated fully and stay squared up and a little elbow grease the break loose.

Back