Torx set?

http://www.jensentools.com/......

I wonder if that set has the bit that will fit the Wave/Charge. They're so small I can't tell if it has any of the ones with the 5 points on them. I'm not sure what size they take so does anyone know what size it is that fits and if its included in that set?

What about this one: http://www.etoolcart.com/.....

I emailed them with a picture of the Charge and they said that it looked like a T15 or T20 would fit it and I could buy it from the set out of the above link. Do you think they are right? I don't want to waste money on something that isn't going to work.

Hmm, I doubt it. I don't see the magic words "Torx Plus". But at $30 it might be worth a shot. Worst comes to worst, you can send it back or sell it on eBay/craigslist...

Five lobe Torx bits are available thru Snap On dealers. Check your local phone book or talk to a local mechanic. Once you get a Snap On dealer's cell phone number, call him and find out where y'all can meet. Take the Leatherman with you and "fit the bit" right on the truck to be sure it's the correct size.

Cheers. :)

enkidu said:
Hmm, I doubt it. I don't see the magic words "Torx Plus". But at $30 it might be worth a shot. Worst comes to worst, you can send it back or sell it on eBay/craigslist...

With my luck it probably wouldn't work. NakedFarmer found the ones on that site that say Torx Plus in another set but man I didn't want to spend 78 dollars: http://www.etoolcart.com/.... Now that I think about it since those torx plus bits are more expensive I would think that the cheaper set wouldn't have the torx plus bits because it would be more than 78 dollars if it did. Guess I'm going to have to fork out 78 dollars if I want to customize my Leatherman :( Its F-ING ridiculous that LM uses those type of bits :mad:

My brother(tractor mechanic) can get individual bits through mac or matco(i forget which) for 20 bucks a piece,i imagine its gonna take 2 but im getting em as soon as i buy the charge xti, cuz i wanna put the blades on the wave cuz i prefer the appearance.

It seems is difficult to get a single Torx 5 points bit, so I have though:
1.Cut one slot in the torx head (using Dremmel and a lot of patient) so you can use a flat screwdriver.
2.Now you can use this modificated screw or replace them by normal 6 point torx.

Does anyone know if normal torx could be used?

Enjoy

I was checking out the Leatherman FAQ yesterday and I discovered this bit:

"Q: I can't live without my Leatherman for even a day. Can you just send me the parts I need?
A: Our products are designed to be disassembled by factory-trained technicians only. Repaired tools are reassembled (and the pivot posts cemented) to ensure proper tension for optimum tool performance. Attempting to disassemble a Leatherman tool yourself may result in lost components and compromised tool functionality. It may also void your warranty protection."

If anyone is thinking that disassembling a Leatherman Tool would be simply accomplished by buying a Torx Plus bit or two, well, what if all Leatherman pivot posts are cemented in-place when they leave the factory, new, as well as after being repaired? Then, the disassembly may tear up those pivot posts enough to require a return to Leatherman for repair....

Just a thought,
GeoThorn

Back