tozan and tashiro are the same as solingen on a german knife

any other theories

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
never seen anything marked Seki anybody else ? i think those words describe the prefectures , towns and villages that also made blades . so unless anyone else has one , they are both one of a kind and had to be produced before 1964 in japan . just my guess any others ? go to liveauctioneers.com and punch in very old ladies kwaiken it sold aug 29 th item # 49 i think . you will have to join to see all the pictures . i personally don't believe it is koto for a minute but if it is then this style of knife not only exists it dates back 800 years . i hate to spoil it for by telling you the price but i was a losing bidder . i wanted to put this up before ken took my bet . i'll be in the hospital for a coupl of days so hope to be back monday . i can't prove a thing , and it is nearly impossible to prove me wrong , cause there is no evidence that is what i am looking for , already have plenty of bullshit as you can see , i'm trying to answer questions does anyone have any ? I don't know just guessing but i'll do my best. my best buddy refers to me as the guy who never had a friend and never wanted one . so not trying to make any but i think i deserve a hearing
whoever said the pen was mighter than the sword , obviously never encountered an automatic weapon Douglas MacArthur ,

It's obvious that you are simply trolling and that the promised photos of these alleged "tashiro" and "tozan" knives are not forthcoming.

Bill. stop posting your nonsense. You have little knowledge of actual Japanese history, culture and knives. Throwing about a few mispelled Japanese words does not impress anyone. Your rambling posts which border on the psychotic are an affront to anyone who is actually versed in the subject, as well as those who simply have an honest curiosity or interest in learning. You are doing a great disservice to this forum by diseminating misinformation, the result of your imagination and wild speculation.
You have promised to show us photos to support your claims but have failed to do so.
The previous photos you posted were of complete garbage, tourist souvenir trinket level very unlikely to have been made in Japan at all.
You can not sell fake garbage by telling a long fantasy story about it. This is the 21st Century where people have eaasy access to informationto on just about anything.
Additionally, your persistent creation of new threads on the same inane topic across different subforums (General/Swords/Gallery) is simply obnoxious.

Note: Seki is a City, located in Gifu Prefecture. I have been there personally. It is famous as a sword/blade making city, like Solingen Sheffied, Toledo, etc.
As for this "bet" where you mention me, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Please post photos of these "Tozan" and "Tashiro" knives as promised.

Last edited:
Actually, I feel kind of sorry for our erstwhile poster. I don't think he is well and hope he gets better.
If so, I fully agree. But there's really no way of knowing for sure one way or the other.
My experience with internet forums (I go back to usenet newsgroups in the 90s) is that if a
Poster is well enough to sign up and post something then the odds are that they know what they
are doing. Acting crazy on the net to rile people up is a not uncommon trolling activity.
But- I always give people the benefit of the doubt and still welcome these photos we have been promised.

Glad to see you are learning something here Bill.
So where are the photos of these "tozan" and "tashiro" knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back