• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Trade:65.5" Hand forged (Tsukirikomi) Zanbat

I'm looking to trade a Large Zanbato(斬馬刀, Zanbatō?, literally "horse-slaying sword" or "horse-chopping saber") i have had for some years sitting in my closet because i have no space for it. If you want more info on what a zanbato is check out the wikipedia page.

This particular zanbato is handforged using the Tsukirikomi method and the blade is HC steel and paper-cutting sharp(unfortunately, i lack the courage to try to shave with it) with a mirror polish and is functional, if not practical. It is full tang and extremely solid and the blade has no wiggle whatsoever and is very flexible. It fits the sheath perfectly snug. It comes in a ornate wooden box with black and red dragon cloth covering it.

I have taken several pictures of the sword and its paperwork that came with it, with my name in the pictures just so you know it is real, because i know how hard it is to trust people with low post counts. Sorry for poor image quality.

pics : http://img851.imageshack.us/g/dscf3006.jpg/

I had this shipped from Sakai City, Japan around 2002 because at the time i was really into collecting swords, and now i am more into knives.

Ideally i would love a Chris Reeve Sebenza, Umnumzan or Mnandi, perferably a Lg sebenza but i would take a Sm.Im also looking for any knife blade made from M4 steel. I would also consider any other trade offers. I will of coarse pay the hefty shipping fee.

Note: There are Piles upon Piles of cheap made in china versions of these swords. This is not one of them, it is the real deal.

Email me at Greshapa@gmail.com for any more information, i should get back to you in a few hours during the day.a

Last edited:
Hi Kidvicious1026,
Is there any chance you could provide any pictures of the actual knife or information on the condition it is in? I am most certainly interested in the SOG A03

Back