Traditional and Modern pairings

Thanks, Mitch.
That is one I made a few years ago, I call it the Moe.
Here's another pic of it.
48588767941_932f9b79c8_h.jpg
I love it !!

Not sure if this fits the modern category, but I'm not sure it fits the traditional category either...

After finding a chore where some of my traditional knives fell short, mostly due to size, I decided I really need a stout work knife with a locking mechanism. I've never been a Buck lockback fan because all the "wrong" people carried them when I was younger. But I decided that Buck must know what they are doing when it comes to lockback knives, they've had lots of practice and many years of production. So, I promptly ordered my first Buck lockback and I'm happy that it seems like a solid user. This will take care of the BIG chores and probably go camping with me too.

I love traditinals, and they certainly get the job done and done well. But i also carry a one hander,
It's as if they were made for each other ! ;) :p
Waves out of pocket and everything so that cardboard box or rope doesn't have a chance to escape . . . or attack.
The Case Teardrop with Water Buffalo Horn is better at finer work like brain surgery but as they say tools don't make the surgeon. The Colossus is up to it in the right hands.
IMG_5949.jpg

My lucky knives for surgery yesterday (not a major surgery, I just am antsy about general anesthesia). One a gift from my wonderful wife, the other my first GEC:

46ycZKil.jpg

And the mailcall I came home to:

57NfzzNl.jpg

Nice pair. Looks like you had some good mojo. I know what you mean about general anesthesia, during minor surgery a 14yo friend followed the light...

Nice pair. Looks like you had some good mojo. I know what you mean about general anesthesia, during minor surgery a 14yo friend followed the light...

Really sorry to hear that.

The scary thing was, someone checked a wrong box and my profile showed I had an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, which I very much DO NOT HAVE. It was a big concern to the anesthetist. It's crazy that someone can check a wrong box on a computer and totally change your health information.

Back