Traditional and Modern pairings

B6elPK6.jpg

Have a safe Sunday everyone!
Bailey Bradshaw folding bowie with Sawby self-lock, and a Ron Lake collaboration.

qsdSsW7.jpg

Strictly academic question here...so the Bradshaw which looks more traditional is the modern because of the thumb stud while the more modern-looking Lake is the traditional because it lacks a thumb stud and/or modern locking system? Lovely knives nonetheless!!

Strictly academic question here...so the Bradshaw which looks more traditional is the modern because of the thumb stud while the more modern-looking Lake is the traditional because it lacks a thumb stud and/or modern locking system? Lovely knives nonetheless!!

The Sawby lock is not a spin off of the lock back. It's another sort of animal. The knife isn't a slip joint either. So that and the thumb stud kind of funnel it here.
The Lake collab is a tail lock, which is a variation of a lock back, at least in my mind. It's a slip joint also. The inset stag and integral construction are a bit on the modern side, but still fall within the Traditional definition.
Thanks, they are nice knives.

Great picture arrowhd arrowhd !
I have a few questions: Which knife is beside the victorinox? Is there a carry clip on the other side? Micarta handles, right?

Early Alistair Phillips slippie & kick.

pzhuL0.jpg
Interesting to see! I only know the kapara version of his collabo with spyderco. Did he use cf for this handle too? Some kind of carbon steel blade? Looks like a nice patina.

Back