Traditional and Modern pairings

Nice choices r8shell r8shell ! Mnandi is a great knife! Looks like mine! Ironwood?
I like that little pen. Is that the one you put new handles on?

Today's trio. Thanks, John!
ieDloTz.jpg

Nice choices r8shell r8shell ! Mnandi is a great knife! Looks like mine! Ironwood?
I like that little pen. Is that the one you put new handles on?

Today's trio. Thanks, John!
ieDloTz.jpg
Thanks, Gary. The Mnandi is in Tamboti (whatever that is) :) a kind gift from my pal Dopic1 Dopic1 , and yes, I rehandled the little Western States penknife with recycled piano key veneers. It's a fancy Friday!

That little wharncliffe fixed blade looks like a sweet pocket carry. Congrats!

Thanks, Gary. The Mnandi is in Tamboti (whatever that is) :) a kind gift from my pal Dopic1 Dopic1 , and yes, I rehandled the little Western States penknife with recycled piano key veneers. It's a fancy Friday!

That little wharncliffe fixed blade looks like a sweet pocket carry. Congrats!
That's a nice upgrade for that sweet old penknife!

Thanks! I've grown quite fond of the little Fall Creek fixed blade. Not sure how long that will last. I'm pretty fickle about knives! ;)

Those Pena Kick Starts are really nice. I don't have one but the first pictures I saw really freaked me out. I was like "Hey, where did the flipper tab go"? Then I watched a video and the design is very innovative. Great blade shape too.
To be honest it took a little getting used to but once you got it down it’s a really awesome and satisfying front flipper. The only downside to this design is the bolster lock in which if you’re not careful your finger will get stuck between the carbon fiber and the titanium when disengaging the lock bar.

I wish this came with a nail-nick as well, some of the newer models have it but this raptor’s blade shape is really badass in comparison to the other models imo.

I purchased some really nice mammoth ivory yesterday and I’m contemplating having this recovered in it. Might just do it!

Last edited:
Back