Traditional double-edged longer blades?

HJK

I'm interested in double edged, or at least partly double edged, longish blades of traditional and preferably japanese style. Ken style daggers are obvious, but aren't there different styles? What different styles and waki and even kat length blades are being made by the Howard Clarks, Don Foggs, and others out there?
Two hamons are better than one...

Moroha zukuri are of double edge design. Kissaki-moroha zukuri, as the name implies, is double edged on the tip portion of the blade (usually 1/3 to 1/2 the blade length). Howard Clark can make these, and I believe Bugei offers a Kogarasu Maru (Little Crow) model from Hanwei. CS may also have a double edged model but I'm not too sure on that.

These styles are traditional, but not really for katana. Moroha zukuri is more common in shoto, but Kissaki Moroha zukuri is a popular modern tachi style.

Of course if you practice iai and you aren't a masochist, you wanna notice that a sharp edge isn't the best thing :D

Best wishes,
Shinryû.

Thanks Robert.
I can see how some of those techniques with a sharp top edge could ruin your whole day :)

Back