Traditional folders and watches/timepieces

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I searched but didn't locate the thread, I was sure there was one, but, in any event a new one started should be good too ;)

Here's my latest slim daddy barlow along side one of the best time keeping watches I've ever owned, a Casio, this thing stays spot on and 'maybe' gains a second after a few months time. I know most battery watches are suppose to be very good time keepers due to the way they are made, but you will have friction playing a factor which can cause the watch to not always be so exact, this one, is simply amazing as well as being super easy to read day or nite.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

and the pen is from Scott, aka @rustysocket on the forums, one he made me 2 years ago, very nice and always in my shirt pocket.

G2

Last edited:
ZMtVMrf.jpg

I’ve pretty much exclusively worn this Seiko since July 1991. I have another watch that I will wear once or twice a year, but this one is pretty much it. Needless to say but I probably won’t join a watch forum anytime soono_O

CCA95262-_AD65-430_E-_A788-_BD71_B32_DEC32.jpg

Here's two of my most treasured items. Not for their monetary value but for their sentimental value.
The Boker Copperhead my father carried everyday for many years. Right up until the time he passed.
The Elgin watch my Grandmother gave him for his High School graduation in 1941. Shortly thereafter he was off to fight in WW2. He replaced the original band with a Twist-O-Flex many years later and the original cabochon crown was replaced when I managed to lose it when I was 7 years old or so. He wore this watch quite often right up into his 80s.
It still runs and keeps pretty good time today.
20180729_133310.jpg

Back