Traditional French Fry day

Jean-Paul Daire.

IMG_2200.jpeg
OMG!!! What a collection!!!

Had this one in my pocket today while mowing the yard.
View attachment 2539337
😍 the reel mower. They cannot be beat (except but maybe by a ruler, grass comb, and scissors or shears) for the best possible results.

I "hate" to "think" how may yards I've mowed with one.
Both as a youngling, and as an adult, when I had my own groundskeeping and tree trimming/removal company.
(for my company it was power mower for all but the front yard. Reel mower for the front, because it cuts more evenly. YES! I was in much better physical shape/condition back then, now that u mention it ... 🤔)
(I also did fence and retaining wall repair and new construction, lot and construction site clean up, and minor demolition and remodeling; Removing stucco, and house/out building painting, for example. I did a little roofing and roof repair, too.)

Last edited:
For once I want to show off something bigger then the Laguioles and other traditional French folders I usually present in this thread. It's a hunting knife with a full tang Bowie type blade, made in the legendary "Maison des Couteliers Thiers" workshop. The MC Thiers was a training workshop for knife makers, run, as far as I know, by the Thiers Town Council. Unfortunately the MC Thiers workshop got closed down many years ago. You could argue that it got replaced, at least partially, by the workshop of the "Musée de la Coutellerie". The workshop of MC Thiers was running under the wings of the famous master knife maker Angel Navarro and many big names of French cutlery learned or taught there, such as Henri Vialon, Robert Beillonet and Pascal Graveline, just to mention a few.

The knife is numbered and comes with a sheath of an exceptional quality, that was also handmade at the MC Thiers.

IMG_2217.jpeg

IMG_2218.jpeg

IMG_2219.jpeg

IMG_2220.jpeg
IMG_2221.jpeg

Back