Traditional French Fry day

CTXInEV.jpg

I've been really busy on a contract job, and I haven't been here since Christmas. Opinel USA sent me an email at that time showing a really nice amarante No08 with a black stainless steel handle. I followed the link to the website... and it was already sold out. I've wanted a walnut No08 for some time, and looked that one up. Also out of stock! A week later, I was doing my usual web surfing looking at French knives, and found the amarante No08 at Maison Berthier - in stock, and the walnut was, as well. So, long story shorter, I bought them both and a No12 as well, all for $2.61 less than the Opinel USA cost would have been, and that's with shipping charges from France vs. free shipping from Opinel USA. I'm very happy!!!

k423NKh.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the crappy pic

Wish it was shorter which is why I haven't pulled trigger on the french knives, they all seem long. I like the overall shape of this one.

Untitled by Josh, on Flickr

Interesting history; Made to be used, not necessarily a "showpiece", this knife has a carbon forged blade by Davide Steri of K720 BÖHLER steel. The craftsmanship is utilitarian but great!!:cool:
With accomplished experts producing it, I can't resist using it, so into my pocket it goes. Made in the traditional French style, I just have to remember to close it gently!! No Safe-Queen here!!:eek:;)France D 1.jpg France D 2.jpg France D 3.jpg

Back