Trasers new Teknolite 4 LED flashlight

Hi guys,

These new Traser Teknolite 4 LED flashlights utilizing 3 AA Alkaline batteries are still not for sale but I received a pre-production copy directly from Traser UK for testing
biggrin.gif

I will post an more extensive evaluation hopefully within a couple of days.

I can tell you one thing these 3 AA Teknolite flashlights that use 4 super bright white LEDs (very white even blueish white light) are very nice, solidly made very strong all "plastic" flashlights that have a very grippable "barrel" that lies solidy in ones hand.
It comes in very nice colors either translucent or solid clored plastic (Blue, Orange, Smoke/black, Yellow) and the clear "plastic" head turns to switch the LEDs (light) on or off.
The head contains 2 tiny green Traser glowlights about 3/8" long by 1/32" diameter spaced 180 degrees apart.
They make the flashlight immediately "see-able" in the dark.
I could easily light my backyard at night and it's about 20 yards deep. The 4 LEDs throw a center bundle of light and around that is a very wide secondary beam also enhanced by the clear plastic lens head.

They claim that the light will burn 17 times longer then an ordinary flashlight but no real "hours" value is supplied so I will turn on the flashlight tonight and see how long it stays on.

The 4 LED head also has an small cylinder with an platinum compound that will absorb Hydrogen gas when it forms inside the flashlight from using the batteries, this way the flashlight is "explosion" proof.
It's waterproof up to diving 300 feet deep and the head turns over 2 O-rings to form the seal.

There is a split-ring at the end of the flashlight that also tucks away solidly inside the slightly recessed bottom.
The Flashlight also comes with an solid wrist lanyard and 3 batteries.

The price in England will be around £30 and that's about $ 45 so for me as a Dutch person not cheap
wink.gif
, but quality wise it's gonna give me many years of service so that brings it to perhaps $5 a year and that's cheap for this baby.

More will follow with pictures etc.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bagheera (edited 05-25-2001).]

Thanks, Piet, I would love to hear how your run time test goes. I am looking for a good long-run-time flashlight and am just not thrilled by the C. Crane models popular over here.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Back