Traveler- Wave or No Wave

5D44153B-5858-4066-952B-F09EBBE9CC91.jpeg Hey all. I’m sending my Traveler to Razor Edge for sharpening and am thinking of having the wave removed for an extra $10. I personally don’t like the wave but am also considering resale value, so I’m asking- would having it DeWaved help or hurt if I ever decided to sell it? Appreciate any opinions. Thanks

If you plan to sell it don’t touch it in anyway. If you’re doing a regrind than why not make it a little custom.

If you dont like the wave, and you dont use it, then chop it. I think this knife would look good without the wave.

Once you start using the knife and resharpening then your resale is already going down. Commit by modding and making it a keeper and resale is no longer a concern.

The wave never made much sense to me on this model, or it's brethren, the Endeavor and the Reliant. I say off with the Wave!

The problem is most "de-waved" knives look odd.

Despite owning quite a few Emersons, I do not use the wave on any of them, and prefer my Emersons without the wave.

The problem is most "de-waved" knives look odd.

Despite owning quite a few Emersons, I do not use the wave on any of them, and prefer my Emersons without the wave.

I think the Traveler and Endeavor definitely look more odd with the Wave. It just ruins the lines and the feel of the knives.

I really wish going Wave-less was an option on more of the blades, like with the CQC-7 series.

I really appreciate your opinions, both pro-wave & pro-waveless. Upon further thought, I’ll probably not mod this knife at all and, in fact, may sell it. What I really want, you see, is a Mini A 100 and have yet to track one down. Thanks all!

The Traveler is the one Emerson I could not get to Wave reliably. I'm not sure if it's the blade length or the shape, but I stopped carrying it and threw it in the safe since it really bothered me.

Back