1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Traveler- Wave or No Wave

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by mrandolph, Apr 18, 2019.

1. mrandolph

mrandolph Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 22, 2011
    5D44153B-5858-4066-952B-F09EBBE9CC91.jpeg Hey all. I’m sending my Traveler to Razor Edge for sharpening and am thinking of having the wave removed for an extra $10. I personally don’t like the wave but am also considering resale value, so I’m asking- would having it DeWaved help or hurt if I ever decided to sell it? Appreciate any opinions. Thanks

2. 115Italian

115Italian

Nov 13, 2015
    If you plan to sell it don’t touch it in anyway. If you’re doing a regrind than why not make it a little custom.

3. Turbo4x4

Turbo4x4 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Wintout wave, this is just another Spyderco

4. mt666tm

mt666tm

Nov 20, 2012
    If you dont like the wave, and you dont use it, then chop it. I think this knife would look good without the wave.

Once you start using the knife and resharpening then your resale is already going down. Commit by modding and making it a keeper and resale is no longer a concern.

5. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    The wave never made much sense to me on this model, or it's brethren, the Endeavor and the Reliant. I say off with the Wave!

6. jceckrosh

jceckrosh Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 2, 2016
    The problem is most "de-waved" knives look odd.

Despite owning quite a few Emersons, I do not use the wave on any of them, and prefer my Emersons without the wave.

7. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    I think the Traveler and Endeavor definitely look more odd with the Wave. It just ruins the lines and the feel of the knives.

I really wish going Wave-less was an option on more of the blades, like with the CQC-7 series.

8. mrandolph

mrandolph Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I really appreciate your opinions, both pro-wave & pro-waveless. Upon further thought, I’ll probably not mod this knife at all and, in fact, may sell it. What I really want, you see, is a Mini A 100 and have yet to track one down. Thanks all!

9. tokerblue

tokerblue

May 1, 2010
    The Traveler is the one Emerson I could not get to Wave reliably. I'm not sure if it's the blade length or the shape, but I stopped carrying it and threw it in the safe since it really bothered me.

10. Turbo4x4

Turbo4x4 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Traveler wave/no wave. You can compare ))
    DSC_a1397.jpg

11. miles johnston

miles johnston Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2018
    i don' have either one. but like the overall look of the waveless