Traveling sales rep with a Becker

TazerFloyd

Gold Member
I work for a major Fortune 500 company as a territory manager and part of my territory is right on the Mexican border. My company provides us with fleet vehicles, but we aren't allowed to have firearms on our possession in company property. I've been carrying a BK4 with me on these overnight trips. Anyone else in a similar situation? What Becker would you choose in my situation?Screenshot_20240206_093726_Gallery.jpg

I work for a major Fortune 500 company as a territory manager and part of my territory is right on the Mexican border. My company provides us with fleet vehicles, but we aren't allowed to have firearms on our possession in company property. I've been carrying a BK4 with me on these overnight trips. Anyone else in a similar situation? What Becker would you choose in my situation?View attachment 2485110
I’d have a BK21 if it was for self defense, though a BK4 is pretty good.

I’d have a BK21 if it was for self defense, though a BK4 is pretty good.
I took the BK21 a couple of times, but it was a bit harder to conceal in my car when I had to run into an office to see customers. Would for sure be easier to replace than the BK4 though.

I only own one Becker: The BK-15. It works; would work in your circumstances. I'm not in your situation, but I think you have made a good choice. Have you also considered an impact tool like a baton or short club? If those are prohibited, you might go to a crescent wrench as it would be easily explained as an emergency tool in case of a breakdown. For that matter, a wrench actually would be useful in case of a breakdown!

Zieg

Last edited:
hmm, becker handle, and ek blade? i'm in.
It's out there.... It's called the BK-16 :D

sddefault.jpg

KABK16_01_ka-bar-kabk16-01

I would sharpen up the swedge on a BK9 and get some stippled scales and an under the arm shoulder holster type rig for it.

Ditto on the BK-5 as below... My first impression of the BK-4 though, was how "nimble" it felt in my hand - contrary to what I expected. So, with that chopping power - It's hard to argue with it as a primary choice as well. Intimidation factor to boot...

I think I'd be quicker with the BK-5 - but the heft of the BK-4 would be appreciated.

Beckers!

If I had to defend myself with a knife - this would be the one I would want to have on hand (it's within reach every night) - KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp Knife:

Back