Trio Of Hikers Plus One

JK Knives

From left to right, we have cronenbone`s in my old brown micarta with red liners. bcol773`s in black micarta, cmdionne`s in the new tan micarta with red liners, and udtjim`s "special", with red micarta, black liners, and 1/16" thick stock.

9ixrwn.jpg

4tkikh.jpg

ej8n54.jpg

I need to finish the sheaths for these, and hopefully it will stop raining soon so I can heat treat the "freebie" tin knives to go with these.

Oh my drooling again! Brown micarta looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on the hiker. I used my EWOK this weekend while clearing brush, working in the garden, pruning shrubs, etc... The hiker will be a nice addition.

The 1/16 hiker sounds like neat idea. Would love to see some action shots and hear how that works out...I imagine it will be a nice slicer.

The "special" is made from a slightly taller stock (1 1/4"), and has a bit longer overall length.

I keep coming back just to look at my knife again. I can't believe how great that tan micarta looks with the red liners. I can't wait to have this thing in my hands and out in the woods.

John, Great work, as always.

Anybody notice that udtjim`s is a clip point? The original Hiker was a clip point, then bearthedog asked if I could do a spearpoint version for him.

Is udtjim's a unique design or a modified Hiker? I had not noticed it was a clip point hahaha, I was fixated on the handles of all of them. Looks like a nice wide blade too!

Is udtjim's a unique design or a modified Hiker? I had not noticed it was a clip point hahaha, I was fixated on the handles of all of them. Looks like a nice wide blade too!

The blade is 1 1/4" tall compared to the Hiker, which is 1" tall. The handle is a bit longer too. Jim sent me the specs he wanted, and we went for it!

The blade is 1 1/4" tall compared to the Hiker, which is 1" tall. The handle is a bit longer too. Jim sent me the specs he wanted, and we went for it!

I love the way Jim thinks. That tan micarta is killing me! It would look really nice on an Early Hunter me thinks.....

They all look great although I do prefer solid pins in the handles as opposed to the hollow ones !

I went with the 1/16 for pure slicing. I have quite a few heavy blades and don't Need much more in the way of heavy blades. John fixed me up with those earlier.;)

However, I am still thinking on The tank or a modified version or a Scout. Also have to think on the Bushcraft but may wait until I try the pass around one.:thumbup:

Well, I heat treated the "Freebies" this morning, they are tempering in the oven now. I was the idiot outside in the rain with the beach umbrella standing over the forge! :eek:

I emailed you guys and said they would be shipping Thursday. I guess you can call me a liar, they are shipping tomorrow! I`ll send you guys tracking numbers after they go out.

Back