Trip blog... Where have you taken your knife lately? (and what knife?)

Brian77

Gold Member
CPK Mark's FM7 Folder

Photo Tribute to an EDC
heavy duty folder

This knife has been carried pretty much 7 days a week since Blade Show in June. Austin has never sharpened until this week. He was cutting out old carpet in a house, and he commented how he finally needs to sharpen it. He loves it.

It is too big for me to carry EDC, based on my weight preferences, but he is 20 and strong, and it’s a man thing. I have been after him to start a thread, and he says he will, but in the meantime….

My nephew and him went on a 5,800 mile trip in August. Missouri to Texas to the 4 Corners, to Hoover dam, Kings Canyon, Bodie, and up to Salt Lake City, and eventually to Montana and Idaho. His FM7 went along, and so did a couple other CPK knives and some of ours and some Beckers.

I thought Mark, Nathan and Jo might enjoy this, and others as well.

m0dB13Yl.jpg

72 oz steak in West Texas…. He ate it all within 58 minutes… Cut with the FM7.

4m6DPh6l.jpg

kH5CbE5.jpg

Headed west into New Mexico

I0O2VNbl.jpg

Hiking the Bright Angel Trail

awDutDgl.jpg

FnMNrU5l.jpg

yVFshUjl.jpg

20.7 miles down and back in 1 day. Supper up on the South Rim.

NO30slZl.jpg

iYChvTHl.jpg

Ghost town in CA.

EXrgChel.jpg

cjRVtErl.jpg

Monument Valley

RxEeuEa.jpg

RxEeuEa;.jpg

ZaDkDXcl.jpg

Somewhere in the Rockies North of Yellowstone…. He will have to fill in the blanks.

Pq9izKhl.jpg

Kk7b91Dl.jpg

m0dB13Yl.jpg

N1Hu0zcl.jpg

I am proud of him. He works very hard, and saves his money…. I went on a very similar trip when I was 18 back in the 1980’s. Wow, time flies.

ZYX98I0.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing Brian.. Now let's see your double bicep pose and while you're at it, a most muscular one too please :D

Kidding aside, looking forward to Austin's own trip chronicles and his experiences with his knives :thumbsup:

Sounds like an awesome trip.

I've taken my knife to the grocery store, Home Depot, Walmart, and work a bunch of times. Oh to the gas station. Some other places too.

I've had 1 day off in the last 21 and took the family to a lake near us. Knife went too.

all that protein is paying off!
that's a rad looking knife- looks like a tank

What a trip!

That 72 ounce steak, was that at the Big Texan in Amarillo? We ate at that place when I was about ten (around 30 years ago). They had a 72 ounce steak you could order and they had cow hides all over the place. Those photos bring back some memories.

Hey! There're a Carothers Field Knife sighting somewhere in there too ;)

Thank you for sharing Brian.. Now let's see your double bicep pose and while you're at it... :D Kidding aside, looking forward to Austin's own trip chronicles and his experiences with his knives :thumbsup:
I will see if i can get him to.

Always bacon in a cast iron skillet it seems :)
It's a great way to cook outdoors.

This makes me smile Brian :thumbsup:
Me to. to be young again..

Hey! There're a Carothers Field Knife sighting somewhere in there too ;)
good eye. Yes, there is.

We had our unit stretched all around Houston like a donut. Everywhere from Katy to Huntsville. Some people are getting rotated out, so I was released "subject to recall" so I can finish getting my stuff packed for my move to Tennessee. I have a feeling I'll be heading back in a week or so.

We are operating field supply points and conducting vehicle/equipment maintenance.

Took the family and my brother, and his family fishing today. Out of Oregon Inlet, NC. A big thank you to Captain Olan West, for another great day. Memories made, and pretty fish jumping out of the water.

vF9ManI.jpg

My brothers first Mahi Mahi.

wYgQSb1.jpg

4Rv741g.jpg

ZjP2MGl.jpg

xh8Hfti.jpg

Took the family and my brother, and his family fishing today. Out of Oregon Inlet, NC. A big thank you to Captain Olan West, for another great day. Memories made, and pretty fish jumping out of the water.

vF9ManI.jpg

My brothers first Mahi Mahi.

wYgQSb1.jpg

4Rv741g.jpg

ZjP2MGl.jpg

xh8Hfti.jpg
Did they taste as good as they look?

That's quite a haul bud!

Back