Trip to the Fiddleback Shop?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by whitty, Feb 13, 2016.

1. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    So what is the best day for a couple of us at USA Made Blade to come to the shop? Gonna plan a trip and hit the road to see you guys in the next 2-3 weeks. While I want to spend some time talking to you I want to see as much of the process as possible.

2. schmittie

schmittie Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Yo Whit, can you swing by and pick me up on your way? ;)

3. whitty

Aug 25, 2005
    You are a bit out of my way but as long as you cover gas and pick up breakfast you got a deal!

4. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    If you actually want to talk to the guys there do NOT go on a Friday lol

5. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Thursday is best to see whole process. Friday is best for socializing. Tues is good too.

6. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    What if we made an event on a weekend? Would y'all come?

7. bonafide

bonafide Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    Like a Sunday brunch? ;)

8. Southern Gent

Southern Gent KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2015
    I'll pack up the Traeger and cooler.

[​IMG]

9. Luca917

Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    I'm loading up right now!

10. TxSportsman

TxSportsman

Feb 7, 2014
    If Eggs Benedict are involved, or a Bearnaise sauce is somehow incorporated, I'll find my way there from Texas.

11. Luca917

Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    Amazing how we all assumed we were invited! Maybe it had something to do with Andy using the word "ya"ll".

Regardless, I'm just impressed that TxSportsman even knows how to spell "Bearnaise"! I would have had to look that one up for sure! I'm clearly not the brightest of this bunch by a long shot...

Tx...if you are making Eggs Benedict, I'm definitely coming.

12. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    If it's something my customers are interested in we could do a weekend event at the shop. I'm open to planning that.

13. Luca917

Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    About 3.5 hour drive for me. Something I would definitely be willing to do!

14. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    As it's a 34 hr drive for me, I don't think I can make it. Otherwise I'd love to come for a weekend event!

15. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Sounds like a great idea, I'm in.

16. Justarandomguy

Justarandomguy

Oct 1, 2015
    I had the same thought as Luca. Let's all invite ourselves! A weekend thing sounds good actually.

17. whitty

Aug 25, 2005
    As long as the wife approves and nothing else is scheduled then absolutely! Let me know when and what I can do to help. As for an upcoming trip, I will be in touch because it is going to be soon!

18. Rotte

Rotte

Aug 30, 2008
    I'd love to pop in over a weekend.

19. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Gold Member

Apr 21, 2012
    It's called Blade 2016 :)

20. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    I was thinking of a weekend kinda like what Bark River does. Come for a visit, make a knife with the crew. Hang out and eat barbecue, and drink beer in the evenings.