Trying my first Kydex sheath - Help Please

Hi guys need some help

So I made a press (see below pic) and I bought a heat press (going to temp 340).

But the kydex isn't sticking together like I have seen in every video on youtube. I am reluctant to drill and put in eyelets if I am doing something wrong. Maybe not letting it sit long enough in the press (15mins)? or not heating it high enough (don't have a temp gun and assuming the gauges on the Chinese press are correct)?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

7626baebcc37b900bfdfddde2fb43664-full.jpg

4270c1ae00d0b2e53c8892f03438c43d-full.jpg

c5582ce440ff40e05cc15349e5929f36-full.jpg

Up in the corners away from the area that will be the actual sheath drill a couple of hours and screw the two pieces together.

Once you have installed your eyelets remove the screws.

The added work and increased waste are reasons 99% of my sheaths are fold over.

Email topscustomkydex at Gmail and I'll help when I can.

Good luck.

It's not supposed to stick together after pressing. I let it cool, take apart the two halves. Mark one half for the holes to be drilled for the eyelets. Then insert the knife again and use a few of the black plastic cheap clamps to hold it together so the knife "settles" into the area of both pieces the way it was pressed. Drill a few of your holes where the eyelets go and then you can remove knife and clamps and insert a couple eyelets in the holes while you drill the rest. This helps hold the alignment of the two pieces. DO NOT press any eyelets until all the holes have been drilled and you separate the two halves again and clean the inside of them thoroughly. Once cleaned. Put the halves together, insert eyelets, and press them all. Done.

Back