Trying out the M-18

I got my M-18 home and went right to work cleaning up the yard. This thing is a chopping fiend! It was comfortable to chop and balanced very well. It bites very deep and spits out axe sized chips.

DSCN1855_zpsaa09d14e.jpg

DSCN1864_zpsb0b92839.jpg

DSCN1860_zps5b1542fe.jpg

DSCN1865_zps3738cfa7.jpg

DSCN1862_zpsb5354a73.jpg

DSCN1863_zpse0ec0545.jpg

DSCN1861_zps0d758354.jpg

After a ton of chopping and a nice fire it still made fuzz sticks like a champ.

DSCN1866_zps0e6f1839.jpg

DSCN1868_zps639d86a3.jpg

I had been wanting this knife since I saw it in the spring, it is even better than I had imagined. Thanks Todd for a great knife that Im sure will give me a lifetime of service.

Glad its feeling at home in its new residence. A little history for the folks about Psyops M-18. Many of you know I've been numbering them. Psy owns "ole #4" . not #4. Its"ole #4. The reason its got the "Ole" or old in front of the number is because this is the only M-18 I have sold used. "Ole #4" was my own personal M-18. I made it for me to use and not to sell. And use I did. As I told or warned Psyop is this particular M-18 has been beat, hacked, thrown, left in the wheather, used and abussed as hard as I could abuse it. I think I even insulted its mother a time or two. I met Psyop in the spring at Ethan Beckers gathering. I imediately realized that I was in the company of a truley good man who has devoted his life to bettering this land we all know and love. Psy has served in Afganastan and is a fire fighter here in the states. We hung out and became instant friends, and he told me then that someday he was going to own one of those M-18s.
Fast forward to last weekend. It was good to see psyop again. We had kept in touch a few times and I had two M-18s to sell. Now I won't lie. They aren't exactly the cheapest things in the world, and understandably with another baby on the way (a little girl I might add) he knew that the money was better spent elsewhere. However. I could see the disappointment on his face when they sold right before his eyes. So I offered him my "ole #4 for a discounted used deal. A fair deal both ways was made and he took home a old friend of mine. Even has or at least had a sticker of me and my wifes favorite brewery/grill on the sheath. But I am confident that "ole #4" is going to a good, well deserved home. Enjoy it psyop. I hope it brings you many years of good service.

Last edited:
That thing is awesome! What is the price tag on something like that, usually?

Settle down, Settles. That's bedroom talk and we're all out here in the living room just chatting. Lol..I sent you an email that should answer your questions.

Thanks for the info. Although I read that email before I read this post and I mistook you for the knifemaker! I gotta get off night shift, I'm losing my marbles.

Great update, great story, great knife and most importantly great people. Glad I met you guys.

Back