Trying to date a Boker 1056, black handle with womans head, worked back.

I seem not to be able to find any kind of a date on the web.

If you google boker 1056 there will be some similar pics on ebay.
If more info would be helpful then let me know, I'm not relly sure what to look for or tell you. Apparently I'm not smart enough to post an attachment.

My guess is about 1910. I have one but can not find my cross ref. to locate it. If marked Germany it is most likly after 1891. Boker started in 1848 acording to Goins' book and 1837 acording to Levine. There are so many variations of the mark.

WOW! Thanks for the reply Red!.
It is marked Germany, it does have the defoliated tree mark and something I have noticed when inspecting it is that there is a molding mark "217" inside one scale.
Do you know the composition of the handle?
I am aware that celluloid has a distinct smell but a gun dealer had this and it reeks of Hoppes #9 !

If anyone thinks a pic could help them give me info shoot me an email, same name and its at yahoo.com (last time i posted my email I got spammed so no more)

It is some type of plastic. Hard rubber has a smell, I was not aware of a smell from celluloid. I would clean off the Hoppes which is a solvent. I have used warm water and dishsoap and a old tooth brush to clean between the scales. After drying, I suggest, some mineral oil at the joint to help drive out any remaining moisture.

Back