Tsprof Guide Mod.

One of the biggest complaint's I've heard about the Tsprof knife sharpener's is the little ball they use on the handle and how small it is and uncomfortable it get's after a while into a long sharpening session.

I just ordered a few thing's from ebay that I'm waiting on to show up I can not provide links because this site will delete links to websites that sell stuff and does not support this site but I will include picture's and the sellers name.

Try using this in the search bar at ebay to find the threaded insert's,M6 M8 Furniture Unhead Nut In/Out Threaded For Wood Insert Grade 4.8

You need to order threaded insert's from a seller called superiorsell2014 and you need to order M8 threaded insert's from him and ask him to send them by epacket I find it's a much faster method of shipping.

The you just need to find a wooden ball around 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 and drill a 10mm hole the same length as the insert into the wooden ball and screw the insert in,I don't think these insert's come with any kind of slot of hex to drive them you just need to use a M8x1.25 bolt as the drive.

I ordered the 15mm threaded insert's and in Canada I was able to get wooden balls from Lee Valley Tools,you can use a bit of epoxy or crazy glue on the outside of the threaded insert to hold it in place.

I will post picture's of my stuff when I get it in and put together,also epacket shipping to Canada for me is between 7 and 13 days most times and doesn't cost more.

eRidoZw.jpg

You can get 35 mm phenolic knobs with an 8mm thread for $2.27 each on McMasterCarr. May be a bit easier way of skinning this cat.

Or have some fun, at one point I was looking at shift knobs with 8mm threads. Found a bunch under 20 bucks, but then decided not to put weight on that end of the bar......

Problem is knob on the Tsprof is 30mm and that's not enough to make any realy difference,the insert's are 2.27 I think and I paid 50 to 60 cent's each for the wooden ball's,the longest part of the whole thing will be drilling the hole.

You can get 35 mm phenolic knobs with an 8mm thread for $2.27 each on McMasterCarr. May be a bit easier way of skinning this cat.

If I were you just go the wooden ball route if you want a bigger knob and what doesn't want that.

Or have some fun, at one point I was looking at shift knobs with 8mm threads. Found a bunch under 20 bucks, but then decided not to put weight on that end of the bar......

You can get a 38 mm plastic ball with M8 thread from McMaster for $2.78 US, 41 mm for $2.51, or a 48 mm for $3.78.

I already everything before I posted this thread,I don't know if McMaster ship's to Canada either,I think I tried ordering from them about 8 years ago and I can't remember i it was just the item I wanted or if they didn't ship at all to Canada.

You can get a 38 mm plastic ball with M8 thread from McMaster for $2.78 US, 41 mm for $2.51, or a 48 mm for $3.78.

Hey Wade, I just went and created an account at mcmaster and under shipping it asks for address . By that was a box that said USA. I un-checked it and it switched to country,postal code etc. So I'm guessing they do international shipping now, FYI

I already everything before I posted this thread,I don't know if McMaster ship's to Canada either,I think I tried ordering from them about 8 years ago and I can't remember i it was just the item I wanted or if they didn't ship at all to Canada.
I would figure they would ship to Canada with as much as AvE mentions them on his Ewetoob vidjayos.

Back