Tuf-Glide for pivot lube?

Hi All,

I've always wanted a pivot lube that would not attract dust and Tuf-Glide seems to fit the bill.

What is your experience with Tuf-Glide?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi All,

I've always wanted a pivot lube that would not attract dust and Tuf-Glide seems to fit the bill.

What is your experience with Tuf-Glide?

Thanks,
Mike

I use it on all of my knives, fixed and folders. Have done for years and never had a problem with it.

I use it on everything except my Sebs. I still use CRK lube for them. Tuf-Glide is thin enough to get in every place it needs to go and it does seem to attract less in the way of dirt than other lubes I've used.

Every new knife I get is coated in Tuf-Glide or MMC for a few hours... blade, lock, liners, and pivot. Then I dry it off, get things adjusted for my taste, and they're ready to go.

I've had no corrosion issues since I've been doing that. I also wipe my EDC blades down with a Tuff-Cloth after heavy use or weekly sharpening. Cleans 'em right up and keeps 'em in good shape.

I'll disagree with using any of the Sentry products for anything but wiping down the blade.

The stuff has gummed up two of my favorite knives and I found it attracted dirt/lint.

I use all of the Tuff - Glide products, and have been pleased. I allow the carrier to evaporate, and have not had any dirt or lint problems.

Thanks All,

Got some in last night. Put 1 drop on each side of the pivot...it went right in and never showed up anywhere else. I also tried it on some older knives that had gotten stiff. Nice job there as well. Only time will tell about the dust thing, but so far so good (1 day in the pocket).

Thanks for all the replies,
Mike

I use it on all of my knives and have never had a problem with attracting any more lint than one would normally expect for carry in jeans or shorts. I love the stuff, and wiping down knives with a Tuf Cloth is must:thumbup:

It's my standard pivot lube. I recommend it to people who ask since it works fine for me, never had a problem.

orthagonal1, I'm surprised you feel it gummed up your knives. Could you have used something else in conjunction with it?

I love, love, love it for rust protection on blades, especially when used in the Tuff-cloth, but it just doesn't have the same "smooth" feel that oil does. I prefer Breakfree.

Back