Tuna Valley Photography

Some new pictures to add to this thread.
(images reposted elsewhere in this thread)

Last edited:
Another new shot to add here.
full

Last edited:
I love all of these pictures you post. They're beautiful pictures of beautiful knives. I really like what Courtney is doing with the Tuna Valley line. Like I told her, they are just a bit too fancy for me to buy because I beat my knives up a bit when they get carried. It would ruin all the fine work they do on them. I do love looking at them though. Sorry I don't have any pictures of my own to contribute.

Yah, great knives and photos. What is the lockback called in post #15? I should know... That Carpenters Whittler is very very enviable. I too would be nervous about carrying one(if I could afford one :rolleyes:), but I think I'd pick a fav and just get on with it. After all you do have two scouts.;).
Thanks, Neal

Thanks guys, glad some others like these as much as I do. I like the knives, and I like trying to get nice pictures of them, so it's a fun hobby all around. I have knives that I carry and use, and then these ones only get carried so that I can photograph them. I'm too chicken to take a mammoth handled, engraved bolstered knife and use it to whittle a hot dog stick for the camp fire. That's what a $30 EDC is for. :)

Neal, that lockback was just named a LockBack Trapper. They made 5 varieties + 1 special raffle knife. All made in 2012.

Amber stag handle with spear point blade, 40 pieces
Burnt stag handle with clip point blade, 50 pieces
Amber stag handle with clip point blade, 40 pieces
Burnt stag handle with spear point blade, with engraved bolsters, 50 pieces
Mammoth Ivory handle with clip point blade, with engraved bolsters 25 pieces
Amber stag handle with spear point blade, with engraved bolsters, 1 piece (given away as raffle prize)

These mushrooms were just begging to be used for a knife photo scene.

Very nice picture. What handle material is that? It looks like mammoth. We may need to see a few more pictures of this beauty.

Thanks guys. Yes, mammoth ivory. This one with the mushrooms is the pile side, the photo up above with the red and green berries is the mark side. I own a few knives with ivory, but this one takes the cake with the character it has. Lots of swirls of colors.

Few more new shots to add here.

Man that black horn slant fluted bolstered whittler is supreme! Found a Schatt&Morgan swell center whittler that should be in my mailbox when I get home, wasn't even aware of the Tuna Valleys. They're pretty much a suitable alternative to the #33 Conductors that are rarely findable.

Yeah, they are quite similar in size to the #33. TV are made at Queen, so they share the tooling to make the frames/blades/etc. They just use different handle materials than traditional Queen or S&M.

Thanks for the pics, they're great. What kind of edge comes on them. Would you say they come pretty sharp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is an edge on them, but they aren't hair splitting sharp. Typical of knives from the Queen factory. Some have uneven grinds, some are perfectly even. Most could use a touch-up if you are going to carry/use it.

Lovely Lovely knives being shown here everyone, I gifted my last tuna away a wee while ago - figured it was time for another- and Boy what another!!! :eek:

Great knife, I love the stag on those with the huge spear blade.

Yowza! That's a beauty, Duncan!

Back