1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 20 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker BO734 Urban Trapper Cocobolo, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday May 18!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, May 19 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/
  3. Week 21 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Megatherium, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Turley Knife Pictures

Discussion in 'Turley Knives' started by IA Woodsman, Jul 2, 2010.

1. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Batch almost done. Three sheaths left to do and then it's on to the next one.

Pics of knives that don't get sheaths.

Current River with natural canvas micarta scales, maroon/burgundy 1/8" spacers and 1/4" brown micarta pins. Varied convex grind.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jclmd's Black Beauty.:D It's a Soldier River with black g10 scales, 1/4" black micarta pins and a steel pommel plate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    To be continued.

2. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    The newly re-designed Model # 12 Burris Fork.
    I designed this one for the guys that like a little lighter and faster feeling knife than what I normally do.
    This particular knife is 1/8" o-1 with a full height convex, black linen micarta scales, thin orange g10 sandwich spacer, thin black g10 tang spacer and stainless steel pins.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A cooper's creek with red linen micarta scales, still needs a sheath.
    [​IMG]

A soldier river with a full height grind, stabilized clairo walnut scales and 1/8" red g10 spacers. Still needs a sheath
    [​IMG]

And finally a Green River with Carmel linen micarta scales, 1/8" natural canvas micarta spacers and 1/8" brown micarta pins. Still needs a sheath.
    [​IMG]
    Hope you dig 'em. Thanks for looking,
    Iz

3. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Sheaths done

Cooper's creek with red linen micarta scales and stainless steel pins and lanyard. Full height grind.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Green River

With carmel linen micarta scales, 1/8" natural micarta spacers, brown micarta pins and a steel pommel plate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A soldier river with stabilized clairo walnut, 1/8" red g10 spacers, brass pins and a full height grind
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking,
    Iz

4. PDE

PDE

Nov 7, 2010
    I honestly do not know what to say, you get better every day.

Great work, truly jaw dropping.

5. wildmike

wildmike

Nov 17, 2007
    I really like that new sheath design with the Green Rivers. Looks to be a great improvement Iz.

6. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Thanks, guys! I appreciate that very much!
    Iz

7. AA Forge

AA Forge Custom Knife Maker Moderator

Apr 8, 2010
    I'll second that!:thumbup:

8. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Thanks, Adam. You rock, too brother.
    We should to a collab someday soon.
    Iz

9. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    Now there's an interesting idea!

Maybe one of these days we could:thumbup:

10. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    You just say the word, brother and we'll get 'er done. I think it would be a blast.
    Shoot me a pm or email when you schedule allows if you want.
    Iz

11. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    Will do!

12. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Awesome, man! I look forward to it.
    Iz

13. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    So I got one of the Grand Rivers done today.
    I really wanted to keep this one but thought I better put some food on the table....the wife agreed.:rolleyes:;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's got stabilized black locust burl scales, thin red g10 spacers, copper bolsters, 1/8" brown micarta pins and a rough hamon line.
    Thanks for looking,
    Iz

14. mct453

mct453 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2010
    Well I reckon you already know how I feel about that Grand river.It didnt last too long.I dont guess I would be considered a proffesional knife critic but for what its worth the Grand River is kinda like my dream knife right now.I aint had one in hand but as you well know I am anxiously waiting.Take care brother and keep em coming.Seems like you got a pretty loyal following here.

15. program_57

program_57

Apr 10, 2010
    Holy cow! :eek: Now THAT is impressive, Iz. Keep up the good work!

16. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Iz, That is Turley Goodness! Might have to add that plate to my next SR. That plate has many uses!

17. wildmike

wildmike

Nov 17, 2007
    Iz your really tempting me with those grand rivers!!

18. IA Woodsman

IA Woodsman

Sep 21, 2009
    Here are a couple of Model # 27 pics for you boys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On an unrelated subject, have you guys heard my new Facebook page is whooping Turley's page realllllllllly bad:D

19. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Thanks, guys!:thumbup:
    Thanks, brother. I can do that for you but you may not want it after you hear the price. I have to jack up the price on the pommel plates for any knife except the green river (comes standard on it). If I don't then I'll have to put them on every knife order and it takes way to long for that, the wait list would be two years long instead of 11 months.

*sigh* You know, you give a buddy a few compliments,try to build him up some and then before you know his head gets huge. :rolleyes:;)

Iz

20. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    ot a few done.
    The gasconade doesn't get a sheath so here's the pics on it.
    Bone g10 scales, 1/8" natural micarta spacers, brass pins, varied convex grind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest get sheaths so I'll just put up a quick preview pic for now

Green river with black spacers and bone g10 scales
    [​IMG]

Green river with natural spacers and bone g10 scales
    [​IMG]

Soldier river with stabilized walnut and white spacers
    [​IMG]

This batch was bone g10'd to death. lol.

Three more to finish up next week and then on to sheaths.
    Thanks for looking,
    Iz