Turn around time for returns/exchanges

Midnight Rider

Gold Member
Ok, I need a reality check. I want to be up front, this is not a call-out or bashing thread. I love Buck knives, and their products.

What is a reasonable time frame for a warranty exchange? I've not had to use it before, so I'm totally in the dark. When I say time frame, I mean time from when Buck receives a defective knife, to when they ship the replacement. I've tried reaching out to BKI, and at first communication was prompt and efficient. Knife was returned with a prepaid shipping label and I was told that I'd be given a tracking number "when the new knife ships". This was on Monday, and I've received no further response. Calls to Buck HQ are met with "no one is available" messages.

I've read nothing but positive comments about their warranty service. I'm not raising Cain, but I am anxious to get my replacement. Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

I would say give them some lee-way, They have just had two stealth runs and probably getting the BOTM drop ready to go.

I would say give them some lee-way, They have just had two stealth runs and probably getting the BOTM drop ready to go.
Understood. I will be patient. I'm just not certain what to expect, and a bit more communication would be nice. Thanks for the reply!

To the best of my knowledge, and I might be wrong, the Warranty service is handled the same way as the Spa service. They are both considered warranty services and handled by the same department.

I’ve used the Spa service a couple times and never had to wait any longer than 9 weeks to receive my knife back.

The first contact I had from Buck was when they began the work on my knives which was about a week before I received them back.

I probably should have specified, my knife in question is a brand new knife that had some major issues, right out of the box. I was told that, as soon as Buck received the faulty knife, they would get a replacement headed my way. There was no mention of a delay. 9 weeks seems like a long time for an exchange. When I used the SPA service last year, I received no notice at all, it just showed up in the mail. Perhaps this one will be the same.

In my past experience I’d give it a week or so for first contact, 5 weeks or so til it’s in your hands. If any doubt, call.

I probably should have specified, my knife in question is a brand new knife that had some major issues, right out of the box. I was told that, as soon as Buck received the faulty knife, they would get a replacement headed my way. There was no mention of a delay. 9 weeks seems like a long time for an exchange. When I used the SPA service last year, I received no notice at all, it just showed up in the mail. Perhaps this one will be the same.
If that is what Buck told you then I would take that as a fact.

Keep a watch on your USPS Informed Delivery account if you have one. You will know when a package ships from Post Falls whether Buck notifies you or not.

Back