Turn Your Radio On!

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
Usually I am reluctant to start new threads, so that we don't waste bandwidth, etc. And there are so many redundant threads, I prefer to search a while to see if I can add to an existing one.
But this recent series of ongoing events is very exciting to me.
It's the birth of some innovative techniques and designs!!
Radio is a big part of my life - I do not own a TV, and have not for over 15 years. I read a lot, and I listen to Radio!
We are lucky to have Radio Canada here, so we have virtually no advertisements. It means we don't have to listen to Bad Bob touting his latest Guzzlemobile at top volume, 12 times per hour!!
Instead we get great Jazz, thoughtful talk shows, Massey lectures, Ted talks, and many educational and political discussions. And we get Opera, Gospel, and you name it!
I don't much need a screwdriver to do this, but I sure enjoy having a caplifter! And this leads us to the real reason for this thread - the new Diamond version of the Radio Knife!
Production is gearing up, and there are some amazing developments, so I thought I would chronicle the production, as these babies slowy appear on the scene!
Today I will start with the Bone Handles: Behold!!
GEDC2617_zps7dd2a8ef.jpg

GEDC2619_zpsd86d5d31.jpg

GEC has developed a special version of Peachseed jigging for this event, and I am amazed, at the very least! Bill surprised me with this one!
I am always grousing to him about modern knifery paying tribute to the old ways and techniques, or not. He understands these things, albeit with groans and complaints!! Most of my remarks mean extra work, straining the resources, and generally work and headaches!
Bill is an amazingly capable guy. He takes great satisfaction in being able to interpret all he has heard from all the old knife guys, historical people in the cutlery business, many of who have passed on while Bill has grown up in the business.
My hat is off to him!
Watch for more as production ramps up!!

That looks like some great jigging. Can't wait to see this as it goes along!

Radio is a big part of my life - I do not own a TV, and have not for over 15 years. I read a lot, and I listen to Radio!

Same here, I watch a few films, but haven't watched TV in decades. I've just been reading "Bernie" and listening to BBC Radio 4 ;)

I love everything you're doing Charlie. You and Bill and his team are performing cutlery miracles :thumbup:

I need to e-mail you! :)

Charlie really like that peachseed jigging - they definitely captured the old school style! Can't wait to see more! Subscribed! Best Jim

That is some great looking jigging. Can't wait to see some more progress on these.

The jigging looks wonderful, Charlie! I can see why your excited. I guess us knife guys have more in common than we think.

Radio Canada :thumbup:
Peach seed bone :D as yummy as a Georgia (straits) Peach.

Can't wait Charlie, thanks for all you do.

Best regards

Robin

Awesome! So cool to see these as I've been particularly excited to see this Diamond 15 coming out. What color is that bone you show?

I'll be watching these developments with great interest. The jigging on those scales is wonderful.

We are fortunate to have you and Bill Howard. Your vision and his wherewithal combine to bring us some of the finest production slipjoints available in a very long time. May your partnership be long and fruitful.

- Chriatian

Charlie, I'm relatively new to the traditional seen. The jigging on those handles looks finer than that on others. In other words, what's better/different about these?
Thanks and I look forward to buying one go these.

That looks superb, very "old-timey". I'm just getting more and more excited for this one. I hope it turns out as great as the Diamond Jacks did.

I've heard of sunken joints but a sunken blade is truly revolutionary :D

Seriously, that sure is some very fine bone displayed there. Eagerly awaiting the progression of these. You and Bill are to be commended for pushing the envelope in so many ways. I would have loved to be a knife knut 80 years ago but have to admit the past couple years haven't been too shabby. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the models rolling out of Titusville alone these days. Good stuff!

Back