Turning a $25 Sebenza clone into something better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought one of those Link Removed off Amazon a while back for a few bucks and while it is a well-enough-built knife I just don't like that satin shiney finish. I originally bought it just to see how I would like a Sebenza style knife so I could start saving up for one if I wanted. Didn't really plan on carrying it and really haven't since I have plenty of other nicer knives I like a whole lot more.

Well I used it for a little project and I really like how it came out. I work in a PVD coating lab that applies thin film metallic coatings to metals. I decided to coat the handle of this knife with DLC and left the blade and screws sand blasted. The result is pretty nice!

Looks even better in person. I'll be watching the blade and screws for rust since I've blasted any finish that was previously on them off, but I did coat them in a light film of oil. If there is any rust I'll just end up re blasing and then coating them with another type of finish and see how it turns out. Either way, pretty cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Clone Talk aside, it's a nice looking finish. I am glad I am not working in a place like yours or I'd end up changing colors on my knives constantly. :D

Will a clone be an accurate enough experience to see if one would want a sebenza? Myself, I just played with one at a local knife shop nd it was like test driving a ferrari

Wow. You included a link to a Sebenza clone on Amazon. :thumbsdown:

It's a CLONE not a COUNTERFIET

Pretty goddamn big difference dude. No where on the blade or description is it calling it self a CR knife. It's just a knife that's similar. Don't get your thong in a twist.

Will a clone be an accurate enough experience to see if one would want a sebenza? Myself, I just played with one at a local knife shop nd it was like test driving a ferrari

It's obviously no where near as well built, so I'd say maybe maybe not, I just wanted to get an idea for the general shape of one in the hand instead of just looking at pictures every time.

[QUOTE="Standard78] [/QUOTE]

Wow, no way! You think?!? You're missing the point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back