tutorial - clip on sheath

Fantastic Tutorial....I have never done a clip sheath....I guess I have to try one now........ :D :D

Very nice tutorial -- I think I'm going to change the way I do clip sheaths! :D

I usually wear suspenders. I tell you that to explain why I made a belt holster for the lock back that I carry daily. I made it a little too form fitting so pulling it out I have to hold the sheath down but as I have used it for 4 or 5 years it probally won't be repaired.
I added one thing. I had dropped the sheath a couple of times and was worried about loseing the knife. It was my late father's so I didn't want to lose it. I put a small chain from a hole I drilled in the clip to the base of my suspenders. Found it dangleing a few times but still carry it.
Lynn

Good tutorial, and love the shop photos on your web site, bet your gonna love that press

Great tutorial Tracy, all the right details and a very good process. I've certainly identified a couple of changes to make in my own method! :D Thanks for all your hard work putting this together, I know how much work that was - taking pictures while you're working is no picnic. Good stuff!

Excellent tutorial and a very good explanation of the "correct" way to fit a belt clip.

One thing I've done is to use three very small (size 2 or 3) stainless steel or brass machine screws to reinforce and protect the stitches. I put a one screw at the very top of the stitch line, one at the curve of the edge and one at the point. I get the screws and nuts at Sears Hardware and recess the back of the leather so the nuts sit flush. After I snug them down, i cut off the excess screw length and file them smooth then lightly stake them in place with a center punch so the nuts won't back off.

The screws are smaller and less obvious than rivets. You can dress off the screwdriver slot in the heads if you wish but I don't think it's necessary.

thanks guys. i enjoyed putting it together for a little payback to the comminity since I get so much from here.

Droppoints: I need to give that a try. I used to rivet occasionally but stopped after seeing and hearing about so many rivets rusting out. The stainless screws make sense and could be an especially nice detail on some sheaths.

Tracy nice
I put the link on the Knife making site
hope you don't mind? if so, let me know please :)

Very good tutorial. I've had some questions bouncing around in my head for a while and that tutorial took care of them. The website is looking good.

Ward Nelson

Back