Two blade opposite end knives

I've seen the 'deuces' thread, but I'd like to see knives of any size that have two blades - only one on each end, not two on the same. Not sure if there's a name for that, or not. I currently only have a few. A Buck Canoe, a Buck Companion, and two Rough Rider double lockbacks. I'll attempt to post a picture, but I'm mainly a 'potato' photographer.

My 'potato' picture...

Last edited:
Moose
Winchester%20Moose_zpsmyhzu2fz.jpg

Muskrat
2muskrats_zps9370647a.jpg

Have you looked at the threads for the 2015 forum knife?

Pen knives and half congress knives have a blade setup like you describe, I don't have access to pictures on my phone so sorry no pics. I like the opposite end blade setup best, the canoes are my favorite pattern.

There's plenty of double end jacks to be had in all sizes especially since GEC came along! I'm carrying my much liked Tidioute Furtaker 53 this week.

Have you gone to the various knife company sites to see the knives they offer?

Have you gone to the various knife company sites to see the knives they offer?

Hm... No. I've just browsed some knife store sites. I guess I didn't really think of that, although if I do that, and find something I like on the company site, but can't find it for sale anywhere... Hm.

I've seen the 'deuces' thread, but I'd like to see knives of any size that have two blades - only one on each end, not two on the same. Not sure if there's a name for that, or not. I currently only have a few. A Buck Canoe, a Buck Companion, and two Rough Rider double lockbacks. I'll attempt to post a picture, but I'm mainly a 'potato' photographer.

My 'potato' picture...

Maybe this thread will be of interest.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1212478-Your-favorite-pen-knife?highlight=pen+knife

- GT

Here is a half congress-pen, I think it's been called, Northwoods brand Norfolk is what it is named by seller

100_0579_zps9d6bf51b.jpg
[/IMG]

This one ,I think is called a half-whittler, someone please correct me if I am wrong

015_zps63a701b3.jpg
[/IMG]

I've seen the 'deuces' thread, but I'd like to see knives of any size that have two blades - only one on each end, not two on the same. Not sure if there's a name for that, or not.

There's not one word to describe that feature because so many patterns are made that way. Two-blade stockmen, pen knives, senators, two-blade whittlers, muscrat, sleaveboard...
But if the knife has two blades on the same end, it can be generally described as a "jack" knife.

Here's are two vintage pen knife examples, a serpentine and a senator (equal-end).

DSC_4047_zps23337c63.jpg

Needhamsmallsenator.jpg

Here are two sleaveboard examples:

Klaas.jpg

DSC_1210.jpg

Here are more examples, with variations.
An uncommon Old Timer with a blade each end, plus scissors:
106OT.jpg

Lobster patterns, many bartenders knives, and some gentleman pen knives knives have a blade on each end with a tool on the back as well.
SilverBruckmann.jpg

Crackedicecelluloid.jpg

(the very last knife is a Jack, with two blades at one end, but you get the idea.)

The Buck 313 is one of my favorites of the double end jackknives. They called it a Muskrat, but built more like a smaller Moose. OH

Buck-313-Muskrat.jpg

Last edited:
Back