1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Two blade opposite end knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by mrszeontestpilot, Jun 5, 2015.

1. mrszeontestpilot

mrszeontestpilot

Mar 28, 2012
    I've seen the 'deuces' thread, but I'd like to see knives of any size that have two blades - only one on each end, not two on the same. Not sure if there's a name for that, or not. I currently only have a few. A Buck Canoe, a Buck Companion, and two Rough Rider double lockbacks. I'll attempt to post a picture, but I'm mainly a 'potato' photographer.

My 'potato' picture...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    allenC, Travman and PaulS. like this.
  2. BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit

Dec 11, 2014
    Many are called Moose Patterns versus a Jack which has two blades on one end.

3. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Moose
    [​IMG]

Muskrat
    [​IMG]

ismaris, allenC, afishhunter and 3 others like this.
  4. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Have you looked at the threads for the 2015 forum knife?

5. george65

george65

Dec 21, 2008
    sleeveboards
    robeson (3 3/4") and case (2 3/4")

[​IMG]

6. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Pen knives and half congress knives have a blade setup like you describe, I don't have access to pictures on my phone so sorry no pics. I like the opposite end blade setup best, the canoes are my favorite pattern.

TLARbb likes this.
  7. mrszeontestpilot

mrszeontestpilot

Mar 28, 2012
    I looked at it some a while ago... I just tend to stay away from threads that get that many posts, as it's hard to navigate after a while. Perhaps I should, though...

meako likes this.
  8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Aug 18, 2008
    There's plenty of double end jacks to be had in all sizes especially since GEC came along! I'm carrying my much liked Tidioute Furtaker 53 this week.

9. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Have you gone to the various knife company sites to see the knives they offer?

10. mrszeontestpilot

mrszeontestpilot

Mar 28, 2012
    Hm... No. I've just browsed some knife store sites. I guess I didn't really think of that, although if I do that, and find something I like on the company site, but can't find it for sale anywhere... Hm.

11. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    But the hunt is what makes it so much fun.

johnnywizzo, meako and allenC like this.
  12. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Maybe this thread will be of interest.
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1212478-Your-favorite-pen-knife?highlight=pen+knife

- GT

13. grins000

grins000

Jun 28, 2008
    Here is a half congress-pen, I think it's been called, Northwoods brand Norfolk is what it is named by seller

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. grins000

grins000

Jun 28, 2008
    This one ,I think is called a half-whittler, someone please correct me if I am wrong

[​IMG][/IMG]

15. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    There's not one word to describe that feature because so many patterns are made that way. Two-blade stockmen, pen knives, senators, two-blade whittlers, muscrat, sleaveboard...
    But if the knife has two blades on the same end, it can be generally described as a "jack" knife.

Here's are two vintage pen knife examples, a serpentine and a senator (equal-end).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are two sleaveboard examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are more examples, with variations.
    An uncommon Old Timer with a blade each end, plus scissors:
    [​IMG]

Lobster patterns, many bartenders knives, and some gentleman pen knives knives have a blade on each end with a tool on the back as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (the very last knife is a Jack, with two blades at one end, but you get the idea.)

Onearmbladenut and Travman like this.
  16. Buzzbait

Buzzbait

Feb 25, 2001
    Bone handled CCC-2 from the Camillus Classis Cartridge Series, with Winchester 30-30 shell cap for a shield. A very beefy outdoor knife. One of my all-time favorites.

[​IMG]

17. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Imperial Frontier Muskrat

[​IMG]

Rough Rider Muskrat

[​IMG]

Schrade Muskrat

[​IMG]

Onearmbladenut and Travman like this.
  18. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    The Buck 313 is one of my favorites of the double end jackknives. They called it a Muskrat, but built more like a smaller Moose. OH

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    yuzefe and navaja like this.
  19. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    And of course the massive Moose pattern's by various makers. GEC and Blue Grass here. OH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Onearmbladenut and yuzefe like this.
  20. Luger1952

Luger1952 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Schrade EE single spring spear long pull main & small spear nail nick secondary
    [​IMG]