Two blades are better than one....

I just finished this two blade folder last night. Both blades work off the same spring. The knife is 3 1/4" closed. The main clip point blade is 2 3/8", and the sheep's foot blade is 1 1/2". The back spring and the blades are made of O1 tool steel. The liners, bolsters, and pins are nickel silver, and the scales are black linen micarta.

image.asp

Thanks -chris

Chris that is super-fine. Your workmanship always looks flawless, and like all nice work it makes me feel good when I see it. Nice mark too. I'm watching for that 6-blade fileworked congress coming up soon... :)

Dave

Thanks.

ddavelarsen, 6 blade congress patterns scare me! It will be quite a while before I venture down that road. The mark was made using a home made stencil and etcher. I got the plans from Bob Warner's website.

-chris

Your knives are beautiful. Do you take orders? Have you ever considered making a three bladed stockman? If you get a chance, please let me know. I have been looking for a couple of stockmans with random pattern damascus blades.

Thanks

Jason

Thanks.

Junkyard, I would say that about 1/2 of the knives that I make are orders. In fact, this knife was an order from a guy in PA. I've been wanting to build a three blade stockman, so if you are interested, shoot me an email and we can talk about it. (chris_crawford@yahoo.com)

Brett, The blades are offset to allow them to sit side by side. As you can tell from this picture, the main blade is ground more heavily on the inside. The small blade is also, but it is from a thinner stock. You will also notice in the picture the spacer that I soldered into the liner to make up the difference of the small blade. The main blade and backspring started off as 3/32". The small blade is 1/16" with a 1/32" spacer.

2bladeTop.jpg

Today I was looking at a two blade Old-Timer, and I found this interesting. The way they got the blades to sit beside each other was to use the same size stock for the clip blade and the pin blade. Then they had a spacer, (like you would find between the two springs on a three blade stockman,) pinned against one of the inside liners. This left a nice amount of space to the left of the clip blade. Then the clip blade was simply crinked to sit in the extra space. Therefore, no special grinding was needed to allow the blades to sit beside each other.

-chris

Back