• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Two Himalayan Imports Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Folks,

I need to hire a lawyer to settle a custody dispute with my Ex, so the knife collection is going up on the chopping block.

• Please no trade offers.
  • The "I'll take it" with the earliest time stamp wins.
  • Please message me, or otherwise let me know, if you would like more pictures. (I cancelled my home internet to save money, so I may take a bit longer than I would like to get those pictures.)
  • Please allow me a day or two to get things to the Post Office—I have a lot going on right now.
  • If you believe any of my prices are outrageous please contact me privately—I haven’t been around for a while and I have a lot going on right now.
  • USPS M/O and PayPal are acceptable forms of payment.

SOLD Himalayan Imports Chitlangi Sotang SOLD

This is a single fuller Chitlangi. It was made by old Sher and has the initials S.B. on the right side of the blade with a "rayed" half sphere beneath it; similar to a rising sun that is halfway above the horizon. There were a few small cracks in the horn handle when I purchased this--they have been filled in with superglue. The pommel has a gap between the brass end cap and the horn due to shrinkage. There is mild tarnish on the brass work. The blade has some streaks and some oil spotting, but as far as I know has never been used. It's a very graceful blade, very beautiful too. The sheath, Karda, and Chakmak (spelling?) are all not perfect, but all are in pretty good shape. The Chakmak may have a hairline fracture forming that can be easily fixed with some super glue. The blade still has the orginal edge (to the best of my knowledge).

1005264_573986694806_2120845428_n.jpg

Price: $155 Shipped via USPS w/ Delivery Confirmation & $200.00 Insurance

PENDING Himalayan Imports CAKPENDING

This is a CAK by the Sergeant. This is quite possibly one of the nicest HI products I've owned in terms of symmetry and shape. It is a villager model so the blade isn't highly polished, and the handle finish isn't very smooth in a few places. I've never used it (it's been sitting in a box since I bought it) but it does have some blackening along the edge at the tip and the handle material has dried out and shrunken . I may have missed a few areas when I last oiled it down. The handle is fairly large, and there is a lot of weight behind the blade. Sheath, Karda, and Chakmak are in good condition.

1016813_573984010186_2001736432_n.jpg

Price $155 Shipped via USPS w/ Delivery Confirmation & $200.00 Insurance

I am making my best effort to ensure that all knives are in the exact condition they are being represented as being in. If you revisit this post, please read through again as descriptions may change over time. Again, I'm also going to be doing most everything via my Smartphone (Iphone 3g) so please bear with me if any issues arise. I'll do my best, but that's all I can do.

Thank you.

Last edited:
olpappy: I responded to your message.

ivan51: I believe it's a 16.5" model.

I am now leaving work--I'll keep in touch as best I can. Thanks.

Karda--I found the original post from Svashtar (who I purchased the blade from) which referred to it as a "Gelbu-Sotang":

"4. HI, 18.5" OAL, 22 oz. Gelbu-Sotang (single fuller) by Sher, Buffalo Horn - Habaki Bolster, Full tang, Black Buffalo Hide scabbard"

Is this incorrect?

Karda--I found the original post from Svashtar (who I purchased the blade from) which referred to it as a "Gelbu-Sotang":

"4. HI, 18.5" OAL, 22 oz. Gelbu-Sotang (single fuller) by Sher, Buffalo Horn - Habaki Bolster, Full tang, Black Buffalo Hide scabbard"

Is this incorrect?

Yes, it is in no way a Gelbu Special. If it were to be sold on the forum it would be listed as a single fuller Chitlangi.

This is the 1st time i've seen a Sotang in horn handle. I've got one from Svashtar with Al handle.

The Chitlangi is currently pending payment, and the price on the CAK was reduced.

The goal is now $1,500 for the lawyer's first retaining fee. Let's get these babies to new homes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back