048.jpg

052.jpg

Just finished these, forged 5160 top one has 8 3/4"
hand rubbed blade.
bottom is forged 5160 rustic finish 9 3/4" blade
brass fittings ironwood and turquoise handle
Gib

Great work, Gib, those bad boys look like they will handle any chore.:cool:

This must be Bowie Month, a lot of them are being made.;)

Bill

Every month should be Bowie month.I really like the rustic one Gib. Looks like a mountain mans dress Bowie.

Mark

Gib I like your use of turquoise - being a natural-born New Mexican it gives me good feelings to have around. You use it well. :cool: I also like the, I guess you'd call it, the long kinda straight choil on the top one; it really adds an extra dimension and puts the edge right out there. Very nice knives. Are they orders or did you decide build what moved you?

Thanks for sharing,

Dave

Dave, I built what moved me but I had a customer that
was talking about the rustic finish knife or
something simler, he bought it today. the other one
is for sale, email me if you are interested.
gib@redrivernet.com Gib

Gib thanks, you better find somebody with some actual money; which ain't me... :( I am glad you get to persue your dreams though, it always shows when a maker is working his own muse rather than his customer's. Those sure are sweet...

Dave

Beautiful knives Gib. Your use of turquoise is perfect. A lot of times it makes the handle area too busy but you pull it off with perfection. What do you use to grind the turquoise if you don't mind me asking.

Peter, the turqouise is reconstuted stone and is
worked with a band saw, files and belt grinder. I
grind to 265 grit and finish with 320 and buff with
white dimond. Sheffield did have some, I get mine
from a manufacture in Phoenix. When you by it be
careful to get first class meterial, seconds don't
cut it. Glad you like the knives. Gib

Praise from master craftsmen (knife makers) for a master craftsman (knife maker) has to be treasured. I hope that my praise is also welcomed! Sandy

Back