Two new to me scout knives

I was at an antique/flea market this past weekend, and I came upon these two specimens.
9d7267fa2359696b7934b8179cfcbc1f.jpg

One is a Camillus Cub Scout knife, it's in decent condition, some putting on the blades, and one of the scales is lifting a bit. I oiled and cleaned it up, and put a good sharp edge on it, and it's good to go.
eafee1abda48d761007cf6e7617a4748.jpg

The other, needs more TLC. The tang stamp looks like this-
c0706772b6fffe0e389037ed0f5d16f3.jpg

2087c176ec318d46f55ec3486752545d.jpg

I haven't really cleaned it up yet. Any info on its manufacture, or any interesting stories about either are more than welcome.
I'll probably clean them both up, and use them as I would any other. I'm developing a real affinity for "scout" type patterns.

The one marked The Ideal looks like the Imperial Kamp Kings I used to carry when I was a kid. I think I also had one made by Colonial that was similar.

Ideal made or makes knives with blades stamped to look saber- ground on one side but flat on the other. Especially pictorial souvenir knives. Mackinac Bridge, or Lash LaRue and Little Beaver.
I haven't seen one like yours, which, as Phi Sig said, is reminiscent of the Imperial Kamp Kings and the Colonial version (Forest Master?)
Nice finds.

Thanks scrteened porch. The guy selling them had some other old knives, but they were in various states of broken. I'm happy with these two.

Those Cub Scout knives were the perfect size and had a good blade selection. No can opener which, IMO is not needed.

Back