Two oldies re-newed

BladeMan

Lhotak Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Thought i share this. I have that two early blades, both made in 2015 from forged TiNb that i gave an update over the past few weeks.

Everything done with Files and sandpaper, no power tools included. :)

First is a Bush Wacker, the first blade i got from Sam, made to my order. Here it is before, the blade is in it's original condition except for the handle wrap, that was my first attempt back in 2016. Blade was kinda rough and thick all around but functional none the less.

Weight was 425 grams.

bushwacker_01.jpg

bushwacker_02.jpg

And here is it after, permiters cleaned, Tip reprofiled, Blade is narrower at the handle, convex grind thinned out (only thing left of Sams logo is a dot), spine ridge and skull crusher added, everything hand sanded and handle wrapped Mecha style. Weight is now 357 grams.

bushwacker_03.jpg

bushwacker_04.jpg

bushwacker_05.jpg

bushwacker_06.jpg

bushwacker_07.jpg

bushwacker_08.jpg

Last edited:
And the second blade, a small knife - the Lucky Tackle Box Fishing knife as Sam called it.

Before

luckztackle_04.jpg

luckztackle_05.jpg

And after. Blade stock was made a lot thinner, Sams Logo is now gone completely. Lost 26 grams of weight in total. And made a neck sheath for it too.

luckztackle_01.jpg

luckztackle_02.jpg

luckztackle_03.jpg

They're both greatly improved, I think. Nice job. The lucky tackle box knife profile looks so much more professional than before before and is no doubt a better knife. I barely even make any knives nowadays, in favor of large blades. o_O Maybe time for some little ones again?

Regarding the big chopper, over time they started getting way thinner, and now they are getting a little more thick again! Constantly, slowly, morphing over time. Now many of the grind bevels are damn near flat, and I'm thinking to introduce more convexity once again.

Thanks for posting the updates, and double-thanks for patronizing this earlier blade work... and then making it look WAY BETTER, LOL! :D

they look good to me. before and after. :) nicely done, Sir, ya cleaned them up good.

Back